FordFusionClub.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shoddy repairs melted my 2010 3 adaptive HID headlight assemblies and I have no running lights or high beams. Now one bulb is burned out. To expensive to replace HID adaptive assemblies, never mind bulbs and ballast so I want to go to Halogen. I have found Halogen headlight assemblies and bulbs, my question is once the HID ballast and assemblies are unplugged from the harness will that harness plug in to the Halogen assemblies?
This is a second vehicle and I am trying not to spend a lot.

Help

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just replace it to LED because LED headlights are more efficient than HID, resulting in more light and less heat from the same energy used

·
Registered
2 Posts
Shoddy repairs melted my 2010 3 adaptive HID headlight assemblies and I have no running lights or high beams. Now one bulb is burned out.
To expensive to replace HID adaptive assemblies, never mind bulbs and ballast so I want to go to Halogen.
I have found Halogen headlight assemblies and bulbs, my question is once the HID ballast and assemblies are unplugged from the harness will that harness plug in to the Halogen assemblies?
This is a second vehicle and I am trying not to spend a lot.
Help
The short answer is yes, but you'll need to use an HID Conversion Kit. Xenon HIDs won't fit into spaces that are designed for halogen bulbs, and vice versa.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts