FordFusionClub.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so ive been told and have read the the DDM tuning HID kits are really good and are at a reasonable price. Now with that said I'm not to sure what to get with the kit, I know what bulb size and color I want i just dont know if I need the other goodies that can be added to the kit. I have a choice to add an HID harness and error eliminator but I'm not sure if I really need it or not. Thanks for the help.

Also I have a 2012 ford fusion of this helps.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yes you will need a direct battery harness connection to stop the on and off flickering of the hid lights because the oem light harness from the car somehow doesnt produce enough energy for the HIDS. Yes you will also need a error eliminator to eliminate the annoying buzzing/humming sounds that you will start noticing .
I have a 2010 ford fusion shouldnt be much of a difference . Hope it helped

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I really appreciate the help man i know what i need to get now but the only other thing is do i need the single relay or the dual relay harness?

·
Registered
336 Posts
dual is the best way just because if one fails at least you still have a headlight. the retrofit source has them for like $30 and they are really good quality. I have been running the same one for 2+ years no issues. They are also very water resistant which helps longevity.

Here is what I recommend, spend the $ now or spend it in replacements.....
Harness
http://www.theretrofitsource.com/components/harnesses/morimoto-h11-low-beam-relay-wire-harness.html

Canbus(error eliminator) you only need one, but they come in 2 packs... BACKUP!
http://www.theretrofitsource.com/components/harnesses/morimoto-standalone-canbus-wire-harness.html

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dual is the best way just because if one fails at least you still have a headlight. the retrofit source has them for like $30 and they are really good quality. I have been running the same one for 2+ years no issues. They are also very water resistant which helps longevity.

Here is what I recommend, spend the $ now or spend it in replacements.....
Harness
Low Beam: H8/H9/H11 - Relay Harnesses from The Retrofit Source Inc

Canbus(error eliminator) you only need one, but they come in 2 packs... BACKUP!
Can-Bus Standalone Error Cancelling Harnesses - Headlight Relay Wire Harnesses - The Retrofit Source
So then all i would need are these and then some HID bulbs huh? It dont seem that hard to piece this bad boy together then.

·
Registered
336 Posts
oh no you can get a kit thats fine, im a big fan of The Retro fit source, customer service and quality is really good. but you can get the DDM kits and the other 2 piece and they will all work together fine.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Definitely go with TRS. Top notch products, warranty, and customer service.

What I really recommend is doing a retrofit since the EVOX-R is a direct swap with the stock halogen projector.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If these don't work out I will look into the TRS ones, I really want to do a retro fit bad but sadly its a money and time issue at the moment.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts