FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw this site and thought someone might know how to solve my mechanical issue with a ford fusion 2011 sport. I recently have tried to replace my fuel pump complete with a gas gauge. I don't do much mechanical work but after a divorce, I have done a few things and I am learning. My car would not turn over so after reading up on it I thought I knew what it was so I changed the gas pump and it fired right up and I was excited until I drove the car and wondered why my gas gauge was staying on full. I have yet to figure that out. Would anyone know about this and if so please tell me. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
38 Posts
It is likely the physical float, it is very easy to have them stuck in one position. I guess it could be a wiring issue. Is your Sport AWD or FWD, as the AWD has 2 level senders which adds some complexity. Did you just replace the fuel pump and not the entire assembly which comes with the float for the fuel level?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes The whole part with gauge was replaced. I think i will buy another one but not a delphi. This wil be the third time . ugh thanks for the help ..mechanic i am not..working with gas makes me nervous . I threw the box away and dont know if it can be returned. I will look at that link.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts