FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi fusion owners im new to the forums here also very glad to be a member :D
Well i just love this car. But then again i love all ford's products like the new five hundred also its soo Nice!

I Have done lots of research on the vehicle including reading the owners manual. (actually enjoyed it)
Correct me if im wrong but the trim levels are.. S, SE, SEL also option with v4,v6 right? (just a few questions below)

Do all levels of the car have that autolock thing? To where doors lock AND Unlock themselfs at the right times.
I rented a taurus a while back and it had autoLOCK like on most fords but locked the doors when the car went above 3mph but never did unlock the car doors so anybody in the back had to fiddle with the darned lock to get out! Kinda annoying (its a ford thing i guess)

Does the truck have a truck key cylinder? I know most newer cars dont have those any more. Rather a truck button the fob or in the car?

At what trim levels is the factory alarm system standard or optional? I looked at the ford website? and it said saftey and securty package optional. But does this mean you have to get the alarm with a package? In other words do you have to get the side airbags to get the factory alarm system. In all most other ford models like the five hundred they will make the alarm standard on some of the high end models (sel) and make the alarm optional and the lower end models (se) . But i dint really want side bags just alarm system.I hate those aftermarket alarms btw! Like in all ford's there's the securilock anti-theft standard but that is just the comuter chip in ignition key.

Sorry if this is alot of questions :(
But i am really considering geting one of these fusion cars!! :D
thanx for any help!

·
Registered
158 Posts
I may be mistaken, but I think all models have the autolock function. Mine seems to work fine. In fact, it impressed someone the other day that when I opened the driver door, all the others unlocked themselves.]

The trunk can be opened by either a key cylinder (almost invisible on the back of the vehicle), by a button on the key (the fob has actually been integrated into the key itself, so there is only one thing to keep up with instead of two), or by a button in the car next to the headlight switch.

Securilock is standard on all models.

I think you will really enjoy a Fusion. After a month, I am more pleased with my SE than with any car I have ever owned!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
man im glad to here that you like your fusion so much i am really looking into getting one too! ALso im glad to hear about the auto UNlock feature (ford got smart) :lol:

Have you tried to see if your fusion was equipped with the factory alarm system.
Just sit in the car and close all doors. Then lock all doors with the fob and wait about 25 seconds so the alarm has some time to arm itself and then open any door. If you have the alarm the hazards with flash along with souding of the horn. If it does infact have the alarm and it activates just turn the key to the "on" postion in the ignition and it will shut off and reset.

You can get more info on it on page 85 in the manual. (in the locks and security section)

Thanx for all the info! :D

·
Registered
328 Posts
I have not tried the alarm thing yet either.

If you lock the car with the remote, and then hold both the lock and unlock botton down at the same time. You will change the system to unlock all the doors when you press unlock once, not twice as it normally is.

What percentage of tint are you planning on getting?

In the next week or two I am going to get 35% on all windows.(except windsheild)

Also thinking of replacing shift knob with the MOMO Anatomic model.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Correction--looked in the brochure and the perimeter alarm is an OPTION, as part of the Safety and Security package, which is available on all trim levels--includes side air bags and anti-lock also, I think. I had looked at a Milan that had this, and got confused between them.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
darn, I wish i could just get the alarm and not have to get the side airbags though.... :(
In the security section on ford.com it said its an option also?

O well thanks for help though

But if you get a chance try it just to be sure. u never no it might have it... (No rush though)

Living in this city i have to worry about kinda stuff due to high theft rates (it scares me) :shock: I would hate to walk out one day and have my car not be there u know? plus the peace of mind i would just fell better. but i wont bother me if i cant get the alarm.

Good luck with your fusion :p

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
True True....but

The alarm from the facotry is not the type of alarm that will go off all the time.. (only when needed)

The alarm will go off if sum attempts to "hot-wire" the ignition or if they physically open a locked door... not if they are too close to it or bump into the car... :)

I dont like the fact that they go off all the time too.. Theifs HATE alarms because is slows them way down and they are less likely to mess with a car when the alarm is tirggered.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Even without the alarm they won't be able to start your Fusion because of the PATS anti-theft system. It needs to see the coded key before it will start. You can't hotwire these cars. They can steal your belongings but not start the car.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes this car like all other fords have secuilock standard which is a great secuity system to have. But dont let it give you a false sence of security. If theifs want your car bad enough they can find a ways to disable, disarm or bypass the system. Secuilock is however very advanced (BRAVO FORD!!) but is not making it impossible to steal.
(Secuilock is just a name for the PATS)

If anyone tests their alarm keep us posted :D
Also did anyone here have a fusion with the saftey package with side impact airbags and the saftey canopy airbag system?

I wonder how good the fusion does in crash tests? Safety is important..

·
Registered
261 Posts
I hear alarms go off all the time in my apt complex, and I could care less, wether they go off all the time
or triggered by something, no one cares or notices, alarms are more a novelty anymore solely used for
the insurance discount, it's a feature I didn't see paying extra for, besides if they want your car they will get it.

but I love my car more and more everyday, it's a 2.3L SEL, and I really love it, all the other cars
I have had I got out of necessity, and I had been around them, and bought from people I knew.
this car I actually wanted from the time I saw the pictures of it a year ago at the '05 auto show, or
wherever it was in Jan last year I saw it in pics. so I love it even more than my first few cars.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I was reading first then a dealer showed me that the stock alarms in the Fusion only go off if
someone tries to open a door or the trunk without a key or unlocking it with the remote and
trying to enter.

believe me though, I would too, no doubt.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yep,

That's how they work.. Or is seomone tries to tamper with the ignition switch..
I like the factory (stock) alarms better then after market anyways..

That's why i would want an alarm.. I Wanna know when someone tries to mess with my car.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yeah I was gonna activate the button to unlock all the doors with one touch, but the wife was a little uncomfortable with that..she likes the fact that only the drivers door unlocks with one touch....makes her feel a little safer at night. Guess I can understand.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I bought a SEL v6 on wed and added the alarm separate.  I had them yank the freaking thing out today because it wigged out on me.  and the first time happened to be at 10:30 when I was headed to the store for some milk!!!!  It took me 15 mins to figure out that you have to press the button and turn the key to disable it..  needless to say My wife, my neighbors and I were VERY pissed...  Hence taking the car to Ford and insisting a refund. My mother-in-law had the same happen to her f150 a few years back. Hers was about 2 years old when it freaked, but put those two things together and i will NEVER buy a Ford alarm again

·
Registered
378 Posts
I in the other hand always have had Ford alarms and they never gave me any problems in the first 6-8-years. In my Ford Explorer my alarm was very old at 9-years and I had to go aftermarket. But that is it. Electronics are good when they work and a pain in the ass when bad. Maybe some of you just had a lemon alarm. If I was in that situation I would take the vehicle to the dealer and have them fix-it while they lend me or rent me a vehicle at their expense. I've dealt with a quite a few cars and aftermarket gadgets and i'll tell ya not everything because T.V. say it's good is actually good. You all know that. Even the high end name alarms as Viper, lowjack, or radar (whatever) have problems. :blah: :hijacked:

·
Registered
66 Posts
alarm=$100+ =annooying and only saves $2 a month on insurance...hahaaa....never will i get one....you want my car..take it...im fully covered...lol...but really...dont take it ....i love my car....for those who have seen my car...it calls attention and i like to keep it in my drive way most of the time with the auto matic light go on if anyone comes close...that works the best...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.