FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a v6, early model I got in Nov. 05, and when cruising i get an intermittent vibration noise or ticking noise @ 1500 rpm's, it disappears if i accelerate or let off the gas.

It happens when the engine is cold and warm, will be fine all day and then start happening for about 20 minutes then disappear for 3 or 4 days.

My Ford dealer had the car for 3 days and could not duplicate the trouble.

I have the most recent flash upgrade and have checked in and around the engine compartment and not able to find forign objects.

Any help on this would be great thanks!!

·
Registered
476 Posts
There is a TBS for it. check the TSB section. I had the TSB done on my car on Friday (i dont think they did it right though cus it still happens).

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have the same noise. Sounds like something vibrating more than ticking to me. Only at steady light throttle. Seems worse when cold, sometimes not present when warmed up. Does this sound like what your hearing? May have to do some serious investigation and try figure out what it is...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
exactly the same but it is getting worse, my dealer finally heard it and is trying to figure it out, they are going ot get my car on monday morning, and start looking at it again, so i get a focus(yuck) rental from the dealer and hopefully they can fix it

·
Registered
57 Posts
I hope your stealer can figure it out. It sounds like it may be something in the dash or close to the firewall to me. I hope they figure it out. Let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
164 Posts
My SEL V-6 goes back to the dealership on Monday to address the ticking issue which has seemingly worsened with time. I do hope they can correct it as it is very distracting. I will also request the PCM reflash/update as my car was built on 9/05. I wonder if any Fusion owner has had either or both of these procedures successfully effected.

·
Registered
164 Posts
The technician at Tower Ford in  Middleneck, NY has successfully eliminated the vibration in my '06 SEL by insulating
certain brake lines  that were grounded to the firewall.The technician conscientiously insisted upon accompanying me while
I test drove the car after the repair to confirm its effectiveness!

·
Registered
70 Posts
greetings...

same here my sel-V6-made in nov--05--I purschased the the car in oct-06 with approx---150miles..on it....
The ticking was pissing me off alot and getting me worried...Sounded like i was grinding coffee...
Being the car has a timing chain--i figured that was it....i heard it on the outside of the car, but not inside...
I did my 1st oil change at 2400-plus miles...motorcraft oil.....Well it didn;t stop...
I took the car for a nice run upstate and opened it up now and then...
I recently put a bottle of stp-complete fuel sys. cleaner(silver bottle)..(It worked for me-imo)
The ticking stopped and car boogies alot more...for now..

hopefully--this works for u....

Max

·
Registered
164 Posts
Interesting....but in my instance the noise was noticeable in the cabin and only during light throttle application
at precisely 1500 rpms. The technician was able to determine the cause of the noise from my description of it and
has apparently rendered it silent. As an aside i highly recommend the use of the X calibrator-2 for the closeted enthusiasts
among you; it transforms the Fusion into an impressive machine.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Fusion66,

Can you describe which brakes lines and where they are that they insulated? Do you know what they used to insulate them? A pic would be beneficial.

Thanks.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeah they couldn't isolate the trouble so I am going back on wednessday with this info about the brake lines, thanks

·
Registered
164 Posts
The problem originates in the brake and vapor lines that are located behind a metal shroud that is secured to the
topmost portion of the firewall facing the engine. The lines will produce a buzzing sound if they have been displaced from
their mounting clips. The Ford technician will refasten the lines to the clips and possibly secure them with additional bracing
(if he is feeling particularly conscientious). Unfortunately I do not have any photographs but the procedure is described in
TSB 06-11-08.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Have a 2006 v6 with what seems to be the same problem. Maybe ticking,, or a metal to metal rubbing noise at 1500 rpm. Dealer replaced engine mounts to fix noise.. did not help. Did the TBS listed in this thread (tbs 06-11-08) fix the problem?
Looked on the web trying to find the details of this tbs, but could not.
The noise is driving me nuts.. Appreciate any help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
braking is ok. noise happens when car is cold.. and am traveling at 1500 rpm. a metal to metal rubbing noise.. over and under 1500 .. it goes away.. but is locked in at 1500.
weird.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I noticed my Fusion now emits a light grinding noise seemingly from behind the instrument cluster at various times and speeds, sometimes at idle and sometimes while underway. The noise rises in pitch according to engine speeds and first appeared during the recent spate of cold temperatures. I had the
brakeline/firewall tsb completed many months ago although the noises are very similar. It SEEMS to originate from the instrument cluster but I cannot explain why it occurs so intermittently. I have poked and prodded behind the dashboard since this noise appeared but the cause remains elusive. Can anyone help me?

·
Registered
27 Posts
It seems that I have the same noise but when I first notice the noise when it was on 2nd gear and from 1500 to 1800 rpm and after a day of having that problem it started to appear from 1000 rpm to 1500 rpm.
I’m also experiencing another noise while braking, something like something hitting a metal part with a hammer.

I’ll take the car to the dealer next Monday; it’s a V6 2007 Fusion.

·
Registered
910 Posts
I have a tick but usually don't hear in the cabin and I think its just at idle. hmm.. dealer said it was normal noise for DOHC it does get better as the weather warms up

·
Registered
27 Posts
My ticking was caused by a hose hitting the Steeda strut bar. I put a plastic cover on the bar to mitigate the ticking with great results.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts