FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Fellow Fusion Enthusaists!

Ok, so here is my delema. I have a 2006 Ford Fusion SE I4 5 Speed Manual and I want to add some "beef" to my car. I really dont know a whole heck of alot about cars and the way that they work. But, I have been reading through this forum and had some ideas for what I want to do to my Fusion. I am thinking about putting in a K&N Air Filter. Does anyone reccomend this? I want to add some better performance and better MPG. Is this a good choice? Another thing I want to do to my ride is add a more meaty, subtle sounding tone. Would anyone recommend changing the entire exhaust or just the muffler? I really dont want to spend a lot of money on it, but would it even be worth the money to change the whole exahust system for just a little bit better performance? And lastly, does changing any of these parts trigger a "check engine" light or mess anything up? Please help me I really would like to do some of these mods this summer while it is warm. Any info and input would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks!
-Ryan :D

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
[quote author=grindman620 link=topic=76521.msg1383695#msg1383695 date=1178215301]
Hello Fellow Fusion Enthusaists!

Ok, so here is my delema. I have a 2006 Ford Fusion SE I4 5 Speed Manual and I want to add some "beef" to my car. I really dont know a whole heck of alot about cars and the way that they work. But, I have been reading through this forum and had some ideas for what I want to do to my Fusion. I am thinking about putting in a K&N Air Filter. Does anyone reccomend this? I want to add some better performance and better MPG. Is this a good choice? Another thing I want to do to my ride is add a more meaty, subtle sounding tone. Would anyone recommend changing the entire exhaust or just the muffler? I really dont want to spend a lot of money on it, but would it even be worth the money to change the whole exahust system for just a little bit better performance? And lastly, does changing any of these parts trigger a "check engine" light or mess anything up? Please help me I really would like to do some of these mods this summer while it is warm. Any info and input would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks!
-Ryan :D

[/quote]

First let me say welcome to the forum. And now to your questions. The K&N is a good filter i put them in everything i own either as just a drop in or as part of an intake system. As for the exhaust i went just with the muffler and it is more for sound then for performance. I know i could feel just a little diff when i did the drop in filter, muffler and air silencer delete all around the same time. If you are wanting to gain power the best way is with the tuner i am not going to do it myself because it is more than i want to spend for the power you get but it is proven to give you improv. Also Steeda make a CIA for the fusion so you can also go that route as well. I think they claim 10hp or so but do not qt me on that. As for the wheels and tires. if you are looking for more power do not get bigger wheels and tires with a 4 bannger. The bigger the wheels and tires the more rotating mass you will have so the slower you will be. As of the check engine lite you will not have that issue unless you put one of those cheap e-bay intakes on that are not made for the fusion. since they either do not have the location for the MAF sensor or it is in the wrong place you will get a light. But if you stick with the proven parts then you are just fine. If you have any other questions just post them everyone out here is more than willing to help. again welcome.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey slaterracing thanks alot for the comments! I know I am quite new at like researching alot of this kind of stuff, but I want to make an improvement on the performance of my Fusion, but I dont want to spend too much. I think I am going to go with a K&N Air Filter, is it easy to install? I really am not mechanically ready to do a huge project. Is that easy to maintain?

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
[quote author=grindman620 link=topic=76521.msg1384107#msg1384107 date=1178225254]
Hey slaterracing thanks alot for the comments! I know I am quite new at like researching alot of this kind of stuff, but I want to make an improvement on the performance of my Fusion, but I dont want to spend too much. I think I am going to go with a K&N Air Filter, is it easy to install? I really am not mechanically ready to do a huge project. Is that easy to maintain?

[/quote]

It is very easy to install. There 3 metal clips that hold the lid down. pop those then the lid can come off. That is all there is to it. about once a year take the filter out get the cleaning kit and clean it toss it back in and call it good for a year.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts