FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, i got a 06 Milan last April and i want to run a wire to the AUX input for my satellite radio cuz im getting crappy FM transmitter signals......How do i get to the back of the radio? Are there any guides that will walk me through how to do this? Thanks....

·
Registered
833 Posts
Just pull the trim piece off starting from the bottom. Put 2-3 fingers under the edge, thumbs on top and gently pull it out. It should pop out pretty easily. Then work your way up the sides and then the top. Be careful when you get to the top , you'll have to disconnect the connector for the message cntr. buttons, the clock and flashers. The just 4 bolts on the face of the radio. Good luck!

·
Registered
21 Posts
glad someone asked saves me from searching so now i can remove find that green wire and run my remote on wire all the way back to the amp in the trunk,

·
Registered
833 Posts
Tasty, What are you looking to do?

·
Registered
833 Posts
Here is the 24 pin connector

Pin1 - Blue/Red - Voltage supplied at all times
Pin2 - Green - Accessory Delay Relay Switched Output
Pin3 - N/A - Not Used
Pin4 - N/A - Not Used
Pin5 - Violet/Black - Antenna Power
Pin6 - N/A - Not Used
Pin7 - N/A - Not Used
Pin8 - White - Left Front Speaker +
Pin9 - Brown/Green - Left Rear Speaker +
Pin10 - Brown/White - Right Rear Speaker +
Pin11 - White/Violet - Right Front Speaker +
Pin12 - White/Orange - Right Front Speaker -
Pin13 - Black/Blue - Ground
Pin14 - N/A - Not Used
Pin15 - Gray/Brown - Voltage Supplied in Start (Overload Protection)
Pin16 - N/A - Not Used
Pin17 - N/A - Not Used
Pin18 - Gray/Yellow - Audio Steering Wheel Switch Signal
Pin19 - Blue/White - Audio Steering Wheel Switch Return
Pin20 - N/A - Not Used
Pin21 - White/Brown - Left Front Speaker -
Pin22 - Brown/Yellow - Left Rear Speaker -
Pin23 - Brown/Blue - Right Rear Speaker -
Pin24 - N/A - Not Used

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok i took the radio out, but i dont see where i can plug in an auxiliary input? is there something special i need to get? My radio has on the front a button that says AUX IN (or something to that extent). What do i have to do to get my XM radio running thru that connection. Like i said previously, i have a milan that was bought new in april 06....thanks guys for your help in advance.

·
Registered
833 Posts
There is no "Aux in " in the back of the radio. You would need to get either an auxilary input converter (most of them do not work properly in our cars) or your best bet is to get a wired FM modulator. It will connect to your antenna input. Works like the wireless version, set it to a specific channel but it cuts the signal from your antenna and sends the sat. signal through instead. Check the link.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-lqjWNVdVKJJ/cgi-bin/ProdGroup.asp?g=251550&avf=N

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok i went to that link i selected the year make and model and its telling me i also need to order 2 more adapters
Chrysler Antenna Adapter
OEM radio to Motorola antenna F
Chrysler Antenna Adapter
Motorola M to OEM antenna F
Do i need both?

thanks

·
Registered
833 Posts
No, just the Chrysler adapter. Your best bet, just to be safe, would be to call Crutchfield and tell them what you want to do. This way if they happen to have a better solution for your set up (ie: Srius, XM) they can steer you in the right direction. If you don't want to purchase from them you can still call them, just tell them you are interested in an alternative to your current hook up and what it would be and the cost.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Looking at them now. Yes, you would need both. I forgot that you are going in and out of the stock radio/stock antenna. CR20 lets you plug the modulator into the factory radio and CR10 lets you plug the factory antenna into the modulator. I have an extra CR10 , brand new. You can have it for the cost to ship it to you. If you can PayPal me say...$3.00 it's on it's way.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts