FordFusionClub.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2010 Ford Fusion 2.5l 120k miles
At first the car was alittle noisy but no where near where it’s at now. Every now and then when driving the car will get loud all of sudden for a while and sometimes stop on it’s own or you have to turn the car off but then it sometimes struggles turning back on. The mechanic shop near me told me that they was just noisy cars. But it’s slowly getting louder and louder. Does anyone else have this problem for some reason I can’t post a video. But the sound is coming from or around the exhaust manifold

·
Super Moderator
5,755 Posts
2010 Ford Fusion 2.5l 120k miles
At first the car was alittle noisy but no where near where it’s at now. Every now and then when driving the car will get loud all of sudden for a while and sometimes stop on it’s own or you have to turn the car off but then it sometimes struggles turning back on. The mechanic shop near me told me that they was just noisy cars. But it’s slowly getting louder and louder. Does anyone else have this problem for some reason I can’t post a video. But the sound is coming from or around the exhaust manifold
Hi Motoking. Blind Internet diagnosis of noises is nearly impossible. We can not hear the sounds you are hearing, the type of noise, the location etc.

Blind Internet diagnosis? Sounds like it could possibly be an exhaust manifold leak or other exhaust leak. However, it may not even be the exhaust related. Could be engine related, transmission related etc. But you need to start somewhere.

Can tell you that Fusions are not "just noisy cars", so I would avoid that "mechanic shop" and maybe try a good shop that specializes in exhausts. Again, you need to start somewhere.

Keep us updated and good luck.

·
Super Moderator
5,755 Posts
Is there anyway to post a video that I’m not seeing. I can click on the video but it won’t upload it’s a 12 second video
Hi Motoking. Yes, unless something has changed, you can post videos. However, in all honesty, it is not going to help much. In cases like this, you really need a tech to take a hands-on/ears-on look and listen.

But no harm in posting and trying.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts