FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Love the front seats with heat but backseat passengers complain they don't have them and with road trips planned this would be nice. I've seen kits and installed them for the front seats of other cars but is it possible to do the back seats?

·
Registered
325 Posts
I'm sure that you could install them in the backseat too. I do not know why it would not work.

·
Registered
288 Posts
...or you could buy the Lincoln MKX 8) ... and you'll be able to have cooled front seats too.

I bet in a couple years more of the cars will have them.

I was waiting for the new Mustang to come out with heated seats... and voila 2007 they have them.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I used to install seat heaters when I was an auto upholsterer. It can be done. Not really sure it is worth the trouble of tearing your rear seat surfaces apart.
To do it, your seats should be leather. Having 4 seat heaters going at the same time as the rear defogger, lights and the blower might be a tad too much for the stock alternator.

·
Registered
476 Posts
my friend owns a shop in CT. He was sitting in the back of my car one night on the way to Monster Jam and he said that he could easily install heated seats in the back. He said he already installed them on 2 Milans for a local dealer. I thought about it... then realized i dont sit back there.

He also said he could do a facotry sunroof for $850... that one was tempting.

If your passengers complain its too cold tell them to dress for the weather.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Hell, I need seat COOLERS, not heaters!!

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah its gonna be an issue for me to when summer comes (3 months a year though is all) in which case my black interior is gonna suck, leather ouch! The lincoln mkz had cooled seats but they were 500 bucks on top of an already several thousand dollars higher price tag $$$$

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
With 35 straight days over 105 degrees and one of the hottest, driest summers on record.....well, I just hope that doesn't happen again. There's a reason I don't live in Arizona, dammit!! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts