FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much does it cost to install heated seats? .... Is it hard to take the leater off the seats to install one of the kits off of ebay?

·
Registered
910 Posts
There are shops that can do it for you and they will charge a couple hundred bucks but that usually includes the kit. I've installed a kit in an old VW Rabbit that cost $100 also there are lots of kits that are external and plug in to your lighter adapter (you could only use one and its not as nice as something in the seats but it works)
you could ask your dealer to about getting the factory stuff installed though it may be expensive
Best of luck.

·
Registered
463 Posts
My Ford dealer did it to my cloth interior Fusion for the same price as heated seats with the Leather option (about 300). I probably could have done it cheaper but since the dealer did the work they covered the heated seats under my 5 year/100,000 mile extended warranty.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Has anyone installed one of these types of kits?

How hard was it to remove the leather "covers" from the seats?

·
Registered
359 Posts
[quote author=fusionowner link=topic=70719.msg1241373#msg1241373 date=1172766314]
My Ford dealer did it to my cloth interior Fusion for the same price as heated seats with the Leather option (about 300). I probably could have done it cheaper but since the dealer did the work they covered the heated seats under my 5 year/100,000 mile extended warranty.
[/quote]

wear are the heated seat buttons? Are they on the dash too? Hell I would spend $300 for the dealer to do it to my cloth seats for the factory look any day (I live in michigan)!

·
Registered
463 Posts
[quote author=sternyy link=topic=70719.msg1394751#msg1394751 date=1178654561]
[quote author=fusionowner link=topic=70719.msg1241373#msg1241373 date=1172766314]
[/quote]

wear are the heated seat buttons? Are they on the dash too? Hell I would spend $300 for the dealer to do it to my cloth seats for the factory look any day (I live in michigan)!
[/quote]

They put the buttons under the center arm rest/storage area...right in front as it slopes down to the cup holders. That, in my opinion, is a better location than the factory set up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts