FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every time I was riding around with passenger in the car, I'd hear this rattle. And we could never place it. Turns out, when ppl put stuff/bottles in those cup holders (door & console), they'd rattle. And the car is a weird ******, b/c it sounded like it was coming from "other" places. Matter of fact, I had my cell phone in the door pocket (forgot it there), and I SWORE I heard something from the backseat. I pulled over even. I was wiggin out.
I'm just saying most of you probably DO have real rattle issues, but maybe you should clean the car out and then try driving around.
And knock on wood for me. It's just a cell phone or Red Bull can for my rattles. ;-)

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Funny you mention that... I wear contacts every day, but I keep a spare pair of glasses in the map bin on the dash... For weeks I thought I had a rattle in the engine bay. The rattle stopped when I removed them!

·
Registered
514 Posts
I had to chime in here, the other day I heard this slight clanking sound from somewhere up front and was driving me nuts. Turned out it was a nail clipper rolling against my metal tire pressure checker inside the compartment between the front seats, :lol:

:cheers:

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
I had a rattling from somewhere once, sounded like it was coming from pass. seat. Went through entire car, then found my "lost" sunglasses in the sunglass holder rattling around. Who would have thought to look in a sunglass holder for sunglasses? :crazy:

·
Registered
399 Posts
My sunglasses dont fit in the holder so I put them in the flip of compartment on the dash. For a week I heard this rattle that was really pissing me off, finally realized is was the glasses moving! Shit like this really makes you feel stupid, lol

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
Had another rattle today, was driving me crazy, after taking everything out of glove box and console, drove again and still had the rattle. Looked under seats, everywhere. Then when I was checking cd's on the visor, noticed the pass. side sun visor was out of it's little clip/holder thing. I think this happened to me before too, but didn't remember.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I get bottled water from Costco and the little plastic seals bounce up and down loudly enough I can hear it w/ the radio off/down. Even when I carry the bottle around. Coupled w/ the design of the bolder holder in the door, I just lay the bottles flat in the passenger seat when I'm alone. (yeah it's kinda dumb when you think about it.... but that way i can't hear the rattle)

·
Registered
476 Posts
I had the visor thing more than once cus my GF doesnt know that it comes out when she uses the mirror. Thank God at least one of my friends knows better (his mom has a Zephyr).

I also have a few in the trunk. Like any long-time Ford driver I keep a full set of tools in the trunk. I also have a few things thrown in with the spare that knock around every once in a while.... maybe I sould buy a tool bag.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts