FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2011 Ford Fusion Sel. My car didn’t come with the Navigation screen headunit thing and I’m wondering if I could put that in my car even though I didn’t have it before?

·
Registered
63 Posts
You can install an aftermarket navigation unit. You would need the head unit, new face plate, and wiring adapter. I wouldn't think that trying to retrofit the OEM 10 year old navigation would be cost effective, easy, or worth it.

I am personally fine with my Sony Premium Sound setup with SYNC and my phone in a cradle, but since I am looking for another Fusion for my household, I have looked into adding a Carplay friendly setup, and there are some options out there.

·
Super Moderator
5,981 Posts
I have a 2011 Ford Fusion Sel. My car didn’t come with the Navigation screen headunit thing and I’m wondering if I could put that in my car even though I didn’t have it before?
Hi Bailey. What bangster stated. You can get far more for your money, and be happier, if you install an aftermarket unit. The SYNC NAV system that would fit your 2011 is outdated and no longer receives updates from Ford.

I would recommend you call Crutchfield for recommendations on what will fit your vehicle, your expectations and your price range: Crutchfield: Car Stereo and Audio, Speakers, Home Theater, Pro Audio, TVs

You can also use their What fits my vehicle tool to get an idea of what is available.

Let us know how you ake out and good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts