FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I heard somewhere that there's a recall with the headliners in the 2013's. It's because they were coming apart and/or becoming wrinkley and stuff. I looked at mine and mine was getting that way and also had some brown spots on it. I took it into the dealership and they said yup, it falls into the recall standards. So, I'm getting it replaced for free.

Check your headliner.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I don't know if its an official recall. The have a TSB on the headliners so if you complain about it, they will replace it. I'm getting it replaced on mine for a second time now.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Can you post pics of the issues?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can try but I doubt they will turn out clear.

Basically, above the pillar between the front and rear window on the passenger side (on the headliner) I have some brown spots and right above that where it curves into the roof it's starting to wrinkle some. I also have some brown spots around the opening to my sunroof. I'll take some pictures when I get home but if they don't turn out well because of lighting issues or something, I'm not going to post them.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I don't know if its an official recall. The have a TSB on the headliners so if you complain about it, they will replace it. I'm getting it replaced on mine for a second time now.

This is correct, there is a Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) (I believe that is the correct title) for the issue. It is not a recall because it is not a safety issue. But anyone who has the problem can mention the TSB and Ford will have to determine if they fall within the criteria for replacement per the service bulletin.

·
Registered
13 Posts
headliner

I pointed out the headliner to my dealership today and they are sending photos to ford for the replacement headliner. I started noticing the spots two weeks after I bought my fusion :( I'm a little bummed that it needs to be changed already.

By the way, here's a few photos of what it looks like:

·
Registered
472 Posts
Looks like a bad distribution of glue during the manufacturing process.

·
Registered
54 Posts
You got me looking at mine and its doing the same thing.

·
Registered
13 Posts
You got me looking at mine and its doing the same thing.
Sorry to hear that :frown: What areas are they showing up at?

I happened to look up one day while I was driving and saw the yellow stain. I was convinced someone that test drove my car touched the headliner with greasy fingers haha. So I started researching how to clean my headliner and I came across the ford focus forum. They had the same issue on the 2011 models where yellow spots started showing up from glue/adhesive. And then I read this TSB forum post...and yea...

·
Registered
6 Posts
ColePL, did they end up convering this for you under warranty? I took my car in earlier this week for several problems, one of which was a headliner issue similar to yours (see pics) and they said Ford is not covering this. I have already opened up a case with their customer service line to dispute this, but I hven't heard anything yet. I'd like to know what others are experiencing with this issue.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I am currently on my 3rd replacement headliner; its been in the shop 25 days.... Filled a lemon law claim earlier this week.

·
Registered
13 Posts
ColePL, did they end up convering this for you under warranty? I took my car in earlier this week for several problems, one of which was a headliner issue similar to yours (see pics) and they said Ford is not covering this. I have already opened up a case with their customer service line to dispute this, but I hven't heard anything yet. I'd like to know what others are experiencing with this issue.
Nope...I was told the same thing. First I pointed out the stain and I was told there was a recall for this. Then after fighting with the dealership for a loaner car to get two window pieces fixed (took them 3 weeks to finally get to my car), they came back with a completely different story. I was so fed up the dealership that I decided to just live with it - for now. They tried to get the stain out with "ford's magic formula"...only to make it worse with a large water spot! Luckily I got the water spot out myself. It looks like whatever they sprayed did help a little bit...it's not as yellow and noticeable. I'll take a few photos this week to show you the magical fix lol

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
He'll I still haven't received a call from my dealership telling me my headliner is in or not. I have to schedule an oil change next week sometime so I'll ask again then.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I pointed out the headliner to my dealership today and they are sending photos to ford for the replacement headliner. I started noticing the spots two weeks after I bought my fusion :( I'm a little bummed that it needs to be changed already.

By the way, here's a few photos of what it looks like:

Mine is doing that along the windshield. I am making a list of stuff to get looked at when I take it in for its first service.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
154 Posts
The dealer I bought my car from told me about this ages before I got anything in the mail. I was in for the headlight recall and they said "We ordered you a new headliner to replace the old one" and I was just like 'O-okay."

·
Registered
130 Posts
I'm guessing thia has passed onto the 2014 batch as well since these havent Fix the 13. Does anyone have he tsb in pdf to post.?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Unbelievable! I noticed the exact same bump in the same location on my 2013 Ford Fusion Titanium earlier today while cleaning my windshield. I have to take it for service in a week, so I am definitely going to ask the service Manager about this. I also noticed that at the point where the headliner meets the rear window, the tip is not properly glued on and makes a noise/rattle when I apply pressure on it. I think that can be easily fixed with a bit of high quality glue. To me, these are very minor issues. If they have a simple fix, I would definitely prefer that over replacing the entire headliner. Still love my car, though.

·
Banned
1,478 Posts
People always excited for recalls. I hate em.. Start taking things apart and they aren't put back right, become a bit loose..

1 - 20 of 23 Posts