FordFusionClub.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the second time this has happened with stock bulbs the passenger harness plug has melted (the one that goes to the headlights Hi/Low Bulb on the headlight housing) Part is freaking $80+ from ford but there is no reason it should be melting. Car is a 2008 Fusion SEL with a V6 if that makes a difference. It's been about 3 years since I replaced it the first time.

·
Registered
587 Posts
I have had sim. Issues. My hole light melted inside and it had to be replaced. Also my passenger side sidemarker light and. I rebuilt the third brake light housing with metal because the whole thing melted. I thought it was due to an accident that damaged the passenger front of my car. I tested everything with a meter and the # were fine then took it to ford and they said everything checked out. I have not noticed any issues lately. I did have to repair the positive side of my battery cable a long time ago before my accident so I may at some point replace the wiring harness for the battery. I think that may be the cause of my issue. If you have had to repair your positive battery cable please respond back to this post . It my help solve some questions ?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No reply yet I am running a 4awg amp wiring kit and wonder if that has something to with it?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts