FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All of you may want to check your headlight assemblies for this. I have an 07 se v6 with the antenna on the roof - whatever job# that is. It starts out as very small dots and then progresses into flaking. Both of my assemblies did this. I finally got the time to take the car in this week. The service manager said he "had never seen anything like this before". It may very well be limited to just "my" fusion - but I highly doubt it. However, they replaced both of the units under warranty with no charges.

I also had them check into some rattles - big mistake. They told me that they isolated and repaired the rattles - uhh, no, no, you didn't. It now rattles twice as bad as before...thanks. In addition to the new and improved rattles I have eyesores such as foam sticking out visibly from the lower steering rack cowl. I'm suprised there's not duct tape across the dash...

anywho, this is all besides the fact that my transmission does not want to downshift readily but apparently it is "normal for the vehicle". sigh. I'm really not trying to bring anybody else down, but... at 12,000 miles my experience with the fusion isn't that great. Maybe I just got the bad one out of the bunch...

any comments / reassurance(lol) would be appreciated

·
Registered
371 Posts
Hi AF,

Sorry to hear about the dash problems. I too have a slight squeek from either under or behind the instrument cluster. It kind of sounds like a pin connector that is loose or flexing when the drivers side of the car goes over certain bumps, but not all of the time. I have also noticed that as the weather is getting colder and I'm using the heat more, there are more dash squeeks, but I know this is because the panels are flexing due to the change in temperature. I am not going to report any of this to Ford because I don't want the problem to get any worse and am happy to live with these minor things. I take my father's advise on this point, I just turn the radio up a bit. If I wanted higher quality interior bits and a slightly better finish, I would have bought the Mazda 6, but the Fusion is just too good to pass up all around. I haven't noticed the defect in the headlight assembly which you speak of. I can only think that the parts weren't treated properly for anti-corrosion. As for the transmission, when I first got my car I babied it a lot and was really soft on the gas pedal. With the adaptive, learning transmission it probably figured some old guy was driving and in order to downshift I had to push down on the gas pedal somewhat hard. After my 1st major service, the tech flashed the tranny and I drove it a bit more aggressively which the tranny learned. It's much more willing than before to downshift now. I think with all of the technology in cars these days and their ability to 'adapt' to the drivers mannerisms it's far too easy for tech's to say that it's 'normal for the vehicle,' even if it may be true.

Happy driving!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts