FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I Sent An Email and they said they would go in production as soon as more people jump on board.What Do Say Guys..Anyone Want Some? THis Is THe Reply I Got ....:D :D

The Fusion V6 headers will be in development as soon as more enthusiasts get on board.
At this time there is incredibly small interest !
Please check back soon ,
thx
sales/ tech
msdsinc.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I would be very interested.
Headers with true dual exhaust, awsome!

·
Registered
407 Posts
Email sent!!!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Here's the response I got....

Please refer to our www.msdsinc.com site if anything on the header horizon is developed.
At this time there is absolutely -0- interest in this platform.
The good news is that our duratec V6 headers already fit, but there is NO spec-fit Y-pipe/ downpipe built yet.
Thx for you interest.
[email protected]

·
Registered
702 Posts

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Honestly, if this was a Nissan Fusion or a Toyota Fusion or a Scion Fusion, I'm convinced we wouldn't be getting this crap about "0 interest". This is just a big frickin' joke. I'm tired of these ricer companies promoting ricer products and neglecting our modification needs for the domestic car like the Fusion.

Honestly, companies like MSDS can kiss my ass. Perhaps they should send you an email stating that they will look into it and see what would have to be done to make it fit both platforms or just tweak their existing Mazda headers and come up with one for the Fusion. It's a joke. Tell them the Fusion is Japanese and they are all over it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
[quote author=mechanicboy18 link=topic=82540.msg1568626#msg1568626 date=1184818438]
Well I'm in the I4 boat, my question is why wouldn't the Mazda 6 header system work?

http://www.msdsinc.com/new_mazda6.htm
[/quote]

The mazda 6 has a smaller oil pan. The y-pipe won't clear on the Fusion. You could swap out the oil pan and oil pick up to a Mazda 6 but it would probably be cheaper to fab a y-pipe.

·
Registered
17 Posts
If I could talk MSDS into a "group buy", how many of you would be interested? I figure they would want at least 10 people to commit to buying a set. Keep in headers are NOT smog legal.

·
Registered
613 Posts
MSDS Headers are very loud. If your working on an interest group to get a company to build good headers, you're barking up the wrong tree, as most people who buy MSDS headers revert back to stock, or another option because they wont pass smog and they are among the loudest header kits on the market.

·
Registered
407 Posts
[quote author=Crystallas link=topic=82540.msg1573849#msg1573849 date=1185004495]
MSDS Headers are very loud. If your working on an interest group to get a company to build good headers, you're barking up the wrong tree, as most people who buy MSDS headers revert back to stock, or another option because they wont pass smog and they are among the loudest header kits on the market.
[/quote]

How is this a bad thing? I like it loud. That would be one of the reasons I would put headers on a ride. Lucky for me, I don't live in a state that has a smog requirement (yet). But I do agree that other options for headers should be available. Someday (keeps fingers crossed).

·
Registered
17 Posts
[quote author=Crystallas link=topic=82540.msg1573849#msg1573849 date=1185004495]
[/quote]

Headers are supposed to be loud.... Smog legal headers are twice the price.... and you can pay off a smog tech to fudge the test for $150-200. Which is something we dont need to worry about untill 5 years after you bought your car (california). Personally, I dont plan on having my Fusion that long.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Yeah, but theres a difference in MSDS loud, and header loud. I'm just putting that out there, because I know a lot of people that are interested will count that as a factor, and we don't want to give any company the wrong idea. If we hype them up and people back out left and right, MSDS will discontinue them before supply demands really grow.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Its barely 2 years old and we're kind of lucky to have what we do. It will come though.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I can't really blame these aftermarket companies. They can't really afford to do the R & D and manufacture all of these parts for all makes and models, they'd go bankrupt. I definitely wouldn't think of the Fusion as a tuner car and would have gotten a Focus if that was my main goal, but then I saw that one member who had the lambo doors. There are people out there willing to make or do whatever you want to your car, think out of the box instead of going to the big names in the industry. Try going to some tuner events and talk to people who are doing custom work.

Good luck with your project.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts