FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering about using something like rhino gaurd or some other product under the rocker panels to protect them and cut down on the noise of rocks hitting underneath. Anyone else tried this?

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
I wouldn't recommend this. That stuff under the car could cause rusting issues down the road.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ive had the car for about a month and already there are stone chips under the rocker panels. When that gets down to bare metal then rust will happen. I want to coat it before the chips and rust happen.

·
Registered
619 Posts
But if you end up coating over the drainage holes from the rocker panels, then the water will build up inside and rust out the door.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
1 year and not one paint chip under here. I honestly wouldn't worry about it too much.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Like i said before ive had it for a month and i have smal paint chips. Do you guys not here the rocks hitting under the car?

·
Registered
40 Posts
The 07 job 2 and above already have a coating on the underside of the car, more towards the middle, so I don't think rust will be an issue if you do it right.

I agree, you can hear every little pebble or stone that hits the car. If you don't want to coat it, splash gards might help.

·
Registered
69 Posts
As already mentioned, get yourself a full set, 4, of factory Fusion molded splash
gaurds from your local dealer, probably about $ 100 & well worth it, problem solved !!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts