FordFusionClub.com banner

Has anyone tried Vogtland springs?

5K views 21 replies 9 participants last post by  geist 
#1 ·
I'm about to order my lowering springs (finally got the green light from the wifey) within the next few days! The Eibachs just aren't low enough for me, 1-1.2 is barely noticable, imo. I've been wanting the H&R's for some time now since they offer the least mild drop (1.6F, 1.9R), but I came across a good deal for some Vogtland springs which the site says lowers 1.6".

I was wondering if anyone here has them and how you feel about it. I know they are popular with the VW crowd, but I'm just wondering if a fellow Fusion owner could help me make this decision. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!

#2 ·
In reality the Eibachs will be 1.5-1.7 once they really settle. If you really want to sit it in the weeds--you might want to consider coilovers. :lol:

#3 ·
[quote author=HALOREALM link=topic=95027.msg1862596#msg1862596 date=1195390910]
In reality the Eibachs will be 1.5-1.7 once they really settle. If you really want to sit it in the weeds--you might want to consider coilovers. :lol:
[/quote]

Very true, mine has settled at 1.5".

To the OP, never heard anything bad about Vogtland springs other than they sometimes have less than optimal spring rates. Again, that's just what I've "heard", so take it with a grain of salt.

#5 ·
Now that my Eibachs are installed on spring seats that actually aren't fubarred and slightly twisted up, I've noticed a settling. I think I'm a little more than 1.5", and in my case I actually think I settled slightly more in the front than the rear.

To stay on topic - in comparison, I did research and also heard the spring rate thing with the Vogtland's - and since the Eibachs have such a great rep and were on sale at the time, it was only a matter of asking myself - Steeda or Eibach?

Since everything else is Steeda on the car (practically, with exception to the tunes but I can't seem to get in touch with Bob when I need to ask Q's), I almost think I should have gone with the Steeda springs. I'd leave the Vogtlands on the shelf.

#6 ·
[quote author=mrc link=topic=95027.msg1862686#msg1862686 date=1195399630]
I don't remember reading where the Eibach's drop is 1.2. Everything I read said it was 1.5 front and rear.
[/quote]

TireRack lists the Prokit at 1-1.4"F and 1.2-1.4"R as the avg low. I just quoted the first number, but honestly anything less than 1.4" will be a waste of my money, because I have a certain look and feel in mind. Here's one of my older vehicles on the Eibach Prokit, to give an idea of what I am after:

I wish I could get coilovers, but it was hard enough to convince my wife on these - I won't push my luck.

That's true about the springs settling, I've installed the Prokit on two previous vehicles that settled very nicely. I just don't want to put down a lot of money and be unsatisfied with the result, you know? I guess I'm leaning toward the H&R's like I originally planned, then. Thanks to everyone for your input! I'll be sure to let you guys know what I decide.

#8 ·
why would you want the HR's? do you really want your car to sit lower in the rear than the front? that looks ridiculous imo. when you put something in your trunk or have passengers, it will just make it look all the more worse. The Eibachs lower the car equally front to back according to owners. for my money, you can't ask for more than that. their reputation speaks for itself as well. after I get my Edge 18's mounted up, I will depend on the Eibach pro-kit to bring it all together. I'm thinking it may just be one of nicest Fusions on the whole site when I'm done with it. So simple with the Ford factory 18's, but drop it a bit and you've got for a nice, clean, but functionally remarkable setup. just my take.

#9 ·
[quote author=iowaguy link=topic=95027.msg1863793#msg1863793 date=1195440563]
why would you want the HR's? do you really want your car to sit lower in the rear than the front? that looks ridiculous imo. when you put something in your trunk or have passengers, it will just make it look all the more worse. The Eibachs lower the car equally front to back according to owners. for my money, you can't ask for more than that. their reputation speaks for itself as well.
[/quote]

Actually I've read here that those who have gone with the H&Rs have reported a very even stance front and back and excellent ride quality while providing fantastic handling, they just sit lower than the Eibachs. (I actually have seen a few owners here with the Prokit that have wound up with a definate rake in stance, higher in front than in back.)

I'm definately not questioning the rep of Eibach, like I said I've had the prokit on two of my previous vehicles and loved it. I never would have considered another lowering spring until seeing some of the pics on this site... It just doesn't seem to lower it enough for my tastes. H&R is a top name in suspension mods and have an excellent reputation as well, they definately rival Eibach in quality.

[quote author=fatabbot link=topic=95027.msg1863338#msg1863338 date=1195427153]
I hear ya on wanting more of a drop. I feel mine could be lower, but after having to straddle a couple of misplaced manhole covers this weekend, I'm glad I'm not :lol:

I like the ride/handling trade off of the Eibachs, though.
[/quote]

fatabbot, I don't think I've ever seen pics of your ride yet. Would you mind posting a few up when you get a chance? Thanks!

#12 ·
Stupid cell phone pics. I'll get clearer pics soon (next time it's washed and waxed).

The car is probably 1/4" (or slightly more) lower than that picture since that was 12 hours after installation.

People that don't know much about these cars are unlikely to pick up that it's lowered. It just gets rid of the 4x4 look and, IMO, is how it should look from the factory.

#13 ·
Thanks for the pic, Mark!

[quote author=fatabbot link=topic=95027.msg1864352#msg1864352 date=1195474222]
Stupid cell phone pics. I'll get clearer pics soon (next time it's washed and waxed).

The car is probably 1/4" (or slightly more) lower than that picture since that was 12 hours after installation.

People that don't know much about these cars are unlikely to pick up that it's lowered. It just gets rid of the 4x4 look and, IMO, is how it should look from the factory.
[/quote]

You're right man, that's a clean, subtle drop and it looks good. It DEFINATELY needs to look like this from factory, like BMWs do, love the stance of those from the factory. I'd love to see a profile of your car with the springs settled down fatabbot, another quarter inch from there may be just enough for me. I'll be looking forward to the pics!

[quote author=Talisman link=topic=95027.msg1863990#msg1863990 date=1195446798]
I think Eibach and H & R about equal in quality.Both are top notch suspension manufacturers(as said above).

The H & R's on my car gave me an even drop.
[/quote]

Talisman, your car is outstanding! Do you have any profile pics where we could see both front and rear together, to get an idea of how even the drop is on both ends with the H&R's? TIA, man!

#14 ·
[quote author=Geist link=topic=95027.msg1863896#msg1863896 date=1195442790]
[quote author=iowaguy link=topic=95027.msg1863793#msg1863793 date=1195440563]
why would you want the HR's? do you really want your car to sit lower in the rear than the front? that looks ridiculous imo. when you put something in your trunk or have passengers, it will just make it look all the more worse. The Eibachs lower the car equally front to back according to owners. for my money, you can't ask for more than that. their reputation speaks for itself as well.
[/quote]

Actually I've read here that those who have gone with the H&Rs have reported a very even stance front and back and excellent ride quality while providing fantastic handling, they just sit lower than the Eibachs. (I actually have seen a few owners here with the Prokit that have wound up with a definate rake in stance, higher in front than in back.)

I'm definately not questioning the rep of Eibach, like I said I've had the prokit on two of my previous vehicles and loved it. I never would have considered another lowering spring until seeing some of the pics on this site... It just doesn't seem to lower it enough for my tastes. H&R is a top name in suspension mods and have an excellent reputation as well, they definately rival Eibach in quality.

[quote author=fatabbot link=topic=95027.msg1863338#msg1863338 date=1195427153]
I hear ya on wanting more of a drop. I feel mine could be lower, but after having to straddle a couple of misplaced manhole covers this weekend, I'm glad I'm not :lol:

I like the ride/handling trade off of the Eibachs, though.
[/quote]

fatabbot, I don't think I've ever seen pics of your ride yet. Would you mind posting a few up when you get a chance? Thanks!
[/quote]

how could HR springs drop the car evenly when they list the drop as more in the rear than the front? are they wrong on their own specs? if you love Eibachs so much, just remember, the grass isn't always greener and usually it's browner if you know what I mean. the HR springs are all over this website providing uneven drops and terrible camber angles in the rear. do a search, it's highly documented here. it's your car and money though.

#15 ·
It just gets rid of the 4x4 look and, IMO, is how it should look from the factory.
[/quote]

+1

When I was at MRT the other week, I parked next to the MRT Fusion and by comparison my car looked like it had a lift kit lol, it was terrible.

#16 ·
[quote author=Geist link=topic=95027.msg1864396#msg1864396 date=1195477444]
I'd love to see a profile of your car with the springs settled down fatabbot, another quarter inch from there may be just enough for me. I'll be looking forward to the pics!

[/quote]

Here's yet another crappy cell phone pic I just took on my lunch break

#17 ·
[quote author=Geist link=topic=95027.msg1864396#msg1864396 date=1195477444]
Thanks for the pic, Mark!

[/quote]

You're right man, that's a clean, subtle drop and it looks good. It DEFINATELY needs to look like this from factory, like BMWs do, love the stance of those from the factory. I'd love to see a profile of your car with the springs settled down fatabbot, another quarter inch from there may be just enough for me. I'll be looking forward to the pics!

[quote author=Talisman link=topic=95027.msg1863990#msg1863990 date=1195446798]
I think Eibach and H & R about equal in quality.Both are top notch suspension manufacturers(as said above).

The H & R's on my car gave me an even drop.
[/quote]

Talisman, your car is outstanding! Do you have any profile pics where we could see both front and rear together, to get an idea of how even the drop is on both ends with the H&R's? TIA, man!
[/quote]

This is the closest thing I can find right now. Its back when I still had on the stock rims. Ill try and take some more pictures when I get my car back from the shop.

Attachments

#18 ·
is that pic of it stock? doesn't look very lowered if it is. the Eibach drop is about as perfect as there is for this car imo. looks like someone else said, a factory BMW or maybe a bit lower.

#19 ·
[quote author=iowaguy link=topic=95027.msg1865868#msg1865868 date=1195521669]
is that pic of it stock? doesn't look very lowered if it is. the Eibach drop is about as perfect as there is for this car imo. looks like someone else said, a factory BMW or maybe a bit lower.
[/quote]

Dont know what to tell you except its less than a two finger gap in the front and back which is pretty low.It's really just preference.They are both great companies with great products, the H&R is just ever so slightly lower. I get my car back wendesday evening so ill take some more pictures on thanksgiving probably.

#20 ·
[quote author=iowaguy link=topic=95027.msg1865868#msg1865868 date=1195521669]
[/quote]

Here's a great view of Talisman's car, sorry for posting it for you bro, but this is exactly what I'm looking for! (Found it in another thread where we were talking about rims.) Looks like it settled a bit more, this is a great look!

#22 ·
[quote author=f2focus link=topic=95027.msg1908332#msg1908332 date=1197181425]
We have the Vogtland springs available on our website and we also use their products on our cars...we find them to work very well....

http://www.f2usa.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1_324
[/quote]

I sent you a PM, that's a great price! On your site it says 60 mm drop available? Is that for the Fusion?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.