FordFusionClub.com banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
So I already had one of the h9 bulbs burn out on me... so I was looking around online trying to see how much brighter the h9 bulbs actually are compared to high end h11's.... and found this chart
http://images.gasgoo.com/MiMgIzU1ODYyMDAwMA--/auto-part-h8-h9-h10-h11-bulb.jpg

According to the bulb comparison chart the life of the h9 (500 hours) bulbs is about 1/4 of the h11's (2000 hours) so that might be something to keep in mind if you drive around with your fogs on a lot.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
So I bought some H9's, installed them.... then removed them.
I don't know off-hand if the Fusion also uses a projector housing for the foglight, but in my Milan somehow the uncapped top creates a really horrible beam pattern. I made no adjustments to the height of the foglamps, I simply swapped one bulb then took it outside, then took the pictures -- then I attempted to adjust the light and it didn't help -- either go a distance and have a huge dead zone, or eliminate the dead zone but only illuminate a couple feet.

On the left, the stock H11 bulb. Center is dimmed from the painted cap. Outer cast is relatively even, save for a slightly dimmer spot where the filament arm is.
On the right, the all-clear H9 bulb. Variable center due to glass shape, and a rather nonuniform cast. Odd considering the filament size and position is exactly the same.

On the left, the stock H11 bulb. A little rainbow at the base, but overall a good pattern.
On the right, the H9 bulb. A lot more rainbowing and an incredibly tragic dead zone. You can either adjust it closer to the car and lose all forward visibility off the fogs, or adjust it further and have a crosseyed beam.
NOTE THAT THESE PATTERNS ARE FOR INDIVIDUAL BULBS. I took both pictures at the same time, simply covering up whichever light I didn't want to photograph. The H11 is the left bulb on my car, the H9 is the right bulb.

So maybe my bulbs were duds, but I'm not impressed. I'll stick with the H11's and aim the beam higher.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Has anyone tried this on the '13 Fusions? I am going to do this for the low beams as i dont want to mess with HID's/Projectors. Was also going to do this with the Fog lamps as well.

·
Registered
420 Posts
i hate having amber fogs, people find thats the color your supposed to have, but amber just washes into the road when driving if the road is wet at all. im keeping my 6000k hids in my fogs so they actually give me a noticeable light output

41 - 48 of 48 Posts