FordFusionClub.com banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Hi Blackbet....sure...whenever you are ready...just inquire on that thread & I'll answer any ? you have regarding that mod...

·
Registered
178 Posts
...Any pix of these lights actually installed???? Also, if you could post some pics of what you actually had to do to the contacts that would make it alot simpler to understand.

·
Registered
15 Posts
[quote author=mmmfloorpie link=topic=66139.msg2192874#msg2192874 date=1206858215]
...Any pix of these lights actually installed???? Also, if you could post some pics of what you actually had to do to the contacts that would make it alot simpler to understand.
[/quote]

I don't have any pics. as of yet, I will do my best to get some today of the install and the Stock Bulb vs. the Modded one. I actually used a Dremel tool and grinded down the metal and the plastic on the inside, it took maybe 10 minutes. for this process on both bulbs.

·
Registered
15 Posts
The H9 Bulb isn't capped off like the H11 it is a bit brighter, I can't wait to post my pics. I am currently stuck at work :( Oh well, when I get home maybe, until then.....Oh I saw that you found the LED Reverse lights, can you send me a link where I can find these?? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
[quote author=In-Fused link=topic=66139.msg2193558#msg2193558 date=1206903940]
The H9 Bulb isn't capped off like the H11 it is a bit brighter, I can't wait to post my pics. I am currently stuck at work :( Oh well, when I get home maybe, until then.....Oh I saw that you found the LED Reverse lights, can you send me a link where I can find these?? Thanks.
[/quote]http://superlumination.com/906.htm

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thanks much for the link good sir, I would hope these would be brighter than the stock bulb correct? I go home in about an hour, the weather looks good so far.

·
Registered
178 Posts
[quote author=In-Fused link=topic=66139.msg2193639#msg2193639 date=1206906749]
Thanks much for the link good sir, I would hope these would be brighter than the stock bulb correct? I go home in about an hour, the weather looks good so far.
[/quote]

No, no, no, no, no.... The point I try to make in that thread kevjur posted is that the LEDs aren't even CLOSE to being as bright as the incadescents... The stock incandescent 921s are 10000x brighter than the LEDs... Maybe tonight I'll point the rear end at the garage door and you can see the difference in the amount of light...

If you have anymore Qs about the reverse lights though, please post them in that other thread!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Sorry, I was noticing that you did this already that was the only reason I asked here. :( I did have the chance to take the photo's, after dinner tonight I will be posting them for you, thanks for your patience.

·
Registered
178 Posts
[quote author=In-Fused link=topic=66139.msg2193639#msg2193639 date=1206906749]
[/quote]

So I guess the weather never got good?

·
Registered
982 Posts
Just attempted and completed this mod on Tuesday. I opted to mod the connector versus grinding/filing down the tab on the bulb and it worked out perfectly. All I did was use a dremel to extend the grove in the factory connector. Definitely improved light output, and while the Xtec bulbs I used look VERY white when they're on by themselves, they look almost OEM when my HIDs turn on...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Sorry the weather did get good, i will have them posted today, I promise. I have photo's that I will post this evening. With work and the trip i took I have been extremely busy. Thanks for your patience.

·
Registered
356 Posts
anyone with pics of the H9's installed? just wondering if anyone did a side by side on how much more light there getting from them over the H11's. thanks

·
Registered
302 Posts
Any new info on this? I wanted to see the difference in the H9 and H11. I was thinking about doing this, and if so, possibly doing it with H9 silverstars (if they make them) I thought that would be a nice way to get better light without going all out on HIDs. I just cant stomach 200+ for headlights and fogs if I can just get a little better than stock for a whole lot less. :popcorn:

·
Registered
23 Posts
I just did this mod today, Here are some pics Of the differences between the two bulbs. Also I took a picture of both old and new bulbs installed... The new h9 is installed on the left. I will take some better pictures of the results when it is dark out. :shock:

Attachments

21 - 40 of 48 Posts