FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am lowering the Fusion soon. Very soon. Within the next month. Wheels aren't coming anytime soon, but I will get an exhaust shortly as well.

Here is what I have on the suspensions...

H&R -- $224.00 -- Front 1.6", Rear 1.9"

Intrax -- $216.60 -- Front 1.8", Rear 1.7"

Eibach -- $199.00 -- Front 1.6", Rear 1.6"

I hear nothing but good about ANYTHING by H&R. Alot fo the car's that I run with around here have the H&R and they rant and rave about it. I also like the rear being dropped more than the front. That would be a nice look.

I don't hear anything in the Fusion community about Intrax. They are pretty popular in the Focus community, but they are few and far between. I had a buddy with some on his SVT Focus, and it was absolutely perfect. Not too hot on the front being lowered more than the rear -- that kinda seems backwards to me. I am planning on emailing them and seeing if that was a potential typo.

Eibach has always been a strong competitor in the market, and I know that many have them on here. I am almost leaning toward the H&R, since I think I'd be the first Fusion on here to have them, and we can see the difference...

Speaking of the difference, there isn't MUCH between any of them, honestly. The Eibach is probably the best one for someone who wouldn't want to change the driving dynamics too much, since it's engineered to lower the same amount, wheras the H&R lowers the rear more by .3". I wonder what I should do.

How about you guys pick my drop! That would be fun, right?

Tell me the pro's and con's of what you all think, and sell me on one. I'm off to do more searching about the intrax.

Also, can I install these by myself? I have accesss to a lift and all sorts of tools -- but possibly not the knowledge, lol.

Thanks all.

Note: I am really thinking about getting the H&R.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I went with the H&R's and have been exceptionally pleased with the look and performance, top quality product and the ride is near stock after about 200 miles of driving on them. You would think that with a 1.9 rear drop the car would look squaty on the rear but actually the car is level height from f/r, the front fender arch is so high that it makes you think the car is ass low but if you measure from the ground to the rocker panel it's level. I will tell you that with the drop I've scraped the front lower valence panel, with your 3D carbon kit you'll surely hit.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's my only main concern, is blasting the front lip off.

Do you have any pictures? I'd be interested to see how it looks.

Thanks for your thoughts!

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[quote author=hwm3 link=topic=46157.msg710001#msg710001 date=1147148304]
Where did you find the Eibach springs for $199?
[/quote]
eBay all over the place, bro.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Do the lowering springs shorten the life of the dampeners?

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think the drop is on hold for now... I have some other things I may need to take care of first. Exhaust is pretty much still a go later this month.

Thanks for all the opinions, and when it's time -- H&R is going to be the buy for me.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Main reason why i got the Eibach's....proven durability.....didnt want to worry about every bump in the road or speed bump....installed was $320...didnt want to worry when having people in the back seat... :bananahump: and bottoming out...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts