FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
The concept seems great. I just wonder if it works? If you look through their ebay store, they make these for a lot of different cars. It's sure cheap enough if it works.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[quote author=HALOREALM link=topic=92719.msg1807455#msg1807455 date=1193281474]
The concept seems great. I just wonder if it works? If you look through their ebay store, they make these for a lot of different cars. It's sure cheap enough if it works.
[/quote]

That is what i was thinking. it almost reminds me of sub frame connectors on a mustang or something but instead it is tying the front end. Kinda odd but maybe worth looking into. i was thinking of getting it with the front strut tower bar and racing beat rear bar since i found it for $138 shipped. So for $250 i could have everything but springs done. that is not a bad idea.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Interesting enough of a concept - it would probably work. And for 60 bucks, you won't really feel THAT bad about it if it doesn't work!!

I wonder if they make it in other colors though....neon blue really isn't my first choice of color.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[quote author=thereisnospoon link=topic=92719.msg1807480#msg1807480 date=1193282014]
Interesting enough of a concept - it would probably work. And for 60 bucks, you won't really feel THAT bad about it if it doesn't work!!

I wonder if they make it in other colors though....neon blue really isn't my first choice of color.
[/quote]

ya but it is hidden under the car so give it a winter and it will be covered in dirt salt and sand :lol:

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
I hope mine is never flipped over where it can be seen too much :shock:

·
Super Moderator
5,982 Posts
Hi all. :wavey: Did anyone notice that what they show bolted to the car is a completely different piece than the other picture? It is different in size, dimensions and construction.

Of course, what you do is up to you, but my opinion is please do not waste your money. It is basically worthless.

Whatever you decide, good luck! :cheers:

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
[quote author=bbf2530 link=topic=92719.msg1808404#msg1808404 date=1193324027]
Hi all. :wavey: Did anyone notice that what they show bolted to the car is a completely different piece than the other picture? It is different in size, dimensions and construction.

Of course, what you do is up to you, but my opinion is do not waste your money. It is basically worthless.

[/quote]

ya the one in the pic is on a rear or AWD drive car because you can see the drive shaft. but it is also a completely diff design then the one in the picture that you get. It will be the correct one for the car it is just a question of does it work does it strengthen the subframe??? i get my bonus check at work on monday and i think i am going to order my racing beat rear sway bar, e-bay strut tower bar and i think this. Then i will wait on my springs until AG or Progress has them back in stock.

·
Super Moderator
5,982 Posts
[quote author=slaterracing link=topic=92719.msg1808445#msg1808445 date=1193324800]

Of course, what you do is up to you, but my opinion is do not waste your money. It is basically worthless.

[/quote]

ya the one in the pic is on a rear or AWD drive car because you can see the drive shaft. but it is also a completely diff design then the one in the picture that you get. It will be the correct one for the car it is just a question of does it work does it strengthen the subframe??? i get my bonus check at work on monday and i think i am going to order my racing beat rear sway bar, e-bay strut tower bar and i think this. Then i will wait on my springs until AG or Progress has them back in stock.
[/quote]

Hi slater. :wavey: I'm just trying to give you a friendly word of warning. It will not help the handling of your car. If you look at all of the items that individual has for sale on EBay, you can see by the prices that they are junk. That piece will not be worth the cheap price you are paying. It's not worth the $2 in scrap aluminum it is made out of.

Sometimes, the old saying "You get what you pay for" is true.

I will now step out of the way, as I am not trying to make anyone mad, just help. :surrender:

Whatever you decide to do, good luck! :cheers:

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
[quote author=bbf2530 link=topic=92719.msg1808535#msg1808535 date=1193326505]
[quote author=slaterracing link=topic=92719.msg1808445#msg1808445 date=1193324800]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Hi slater. :wavey: I'm just trying to give you a friendly word of warning. It will not help the handling of your car. If you look at all of the items that individual has for sale on EBay, you can see by the prices that they are junk. That piece will not be worth the cheap price you are paying. It's not worth the $2 in scrap aluminum it is made out of.

Sometimes, the old saying "You get what you pay for" is true.

I will now step out of the way, as I am not trying to make anyone mad, just help. :surrender:

Whatever you decide to do, good luck! :cheers:
[/quote]

not making me mad at all. the idea behind it is correct but again not sure if it will work. The idea to me at least is close to sub frame connectors but not sure. I have a buddy that road races and autocrosses honda's they have everything you can think of for those i am going to see if he has heard of anything like this.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OK guys i was talking to a few people out on one of the Mazda6 boards and they said it is good way to stiffen up the front end but that this is a better choice for someone looking to autocross or road race. this has 2 more mouting locations to help stiffen the chassis even more. May start out with the H brace and then look to upgrade if i like it at a later date.

http://www.therpmstore.com/product_info.php?cPath=26_55&products_id=340

·
Registered
840 Posts
uhh
megan racing is a very respected company, and that brace is worth the 45 bucks.

my brother in law his an h brace on his evo and its by megan racing, its worth the money... trust me.

·
Registered
17,662 Posts
[quote author=benit0 link=topic=92719.msg1809693#msg1809693 date=1193351213]
uhh
megan racing is a very respected company
[/quote]

They have improved over the last couple of years, but they put out some utter crap in their time.

·
Registered
619 Posts
That area of the chassis is one that can use some stiffening. If you don't believe that, disconnect the short little stiffening bar that's bolted to the rear of the subframe from the factory and feel the difference! I can't say that this particular product is the best for the job, but it certainly has the potential to make a difference.

The key to this design though is to not ground out the subframe bushings. If the brace connects to the subframe bolt or bottom of the mount itself, it will act to stiffen the body, while letting the subframe mounts continue to isolate and let the subframe move as designed. If it directly connects the subframe to the body, essentially grounding out the mount, then it will pin the rear of the subframe so that the front will continue to shift under load, resulting in all kinds of weird toe and camber effects under load.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
On second thought and after sleeping a few nights, I think I'm gonna pass on this one. Sometimes I completely forget that my Fusion is a family car............................well, supposedly anyway..........

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well so is fine. That is the only reason i got rid of the neon is because it was a 2 door and hauling 3 kids in there was getting a little hard :lol: but i am also use to driving hards that handle very well since all of my autocross cars were also my daily drivers at some point so i like a car that is a little stiffer than the normal person. the fusion will not shake the fillings out of your teeth like the the mustang or neon would.

·
Registered
840 Posts
they do fit.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well i just paid for my H Brace, Strut Tower Bar, and Racing Beat Rear Sway Bar. Everything should be here in a week or so. I am going to install the H Brace first then drive it around and see how it does so i can give everyone a report on it. Then i will do the strut bar and rear sway bar. cannot wait :klavergreg:

·
Registered
840 Posts
nice, you jumped up and got the basic pieces for suspension out of the way, im really curious to see how it handles now. i'm just at lack for cash right now :/ im hoping by spring i can afford coil overs, and the rest of the suspension.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts