FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 20 of 175 Posts

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my H Brace and Strut Bar came in yesterday so i took the day off to install them and my new Stereo. I love them. Steering is much more responsive. Well worth the $80 or so i spent on the 2 of them. Here is how to install the H Brace (strut bar is so easy to install i do not think anyone would need a write up) .

Here is the H Brace

With the car up on jack stands or wraps you need to use a floor jack to put pressure under the K Member as shown. this should make sure nothing moves on you

Need to remove these 2 13/16th nuts and 2 15mm bolts from 1 each on both drivers side and pass side. Make sure that you have the sockets in deep well and 1/2 with either tq wrench or bracker bar as they are in very tight and need to be put back that way

Set the H Brace in place were the nut and bolt were. The knotched opening goes to the front of the car and the closed end faces the back of the car.

Intall the nuts first so it holds the bar in place. When you go to reinstall the nut you will not use the washer that you took off at is it so big and the brace now acts as washer. Leave the nuts loose so you can reinstall the bolts once those are started tighten everything down to spec (not sure what that was but i put them at about 90ft#'s)

Take car for a test drive. ***Note you may here the exhaust tap when you hit a hard bump or dip in the road i am going to work on putting some type of a hanger twards the flex pipe to raise it up an inch or so as right now it is only about 1/4 above brace

Here are some pics of the STB as well. Very easy install took less than 10 mins.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Very cool, nice write up. :goodjob: I might get that h-brace when Steeda comes out with the rear sway bar. You got that off eBay right? Also, I've never seen that kind of strut tower bar, where did you get that?

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
58 Posts
Nice install. Question on the H-Brace. Never heard of one. Does it replace a "lower" strut-bar? You can find strut tower bars for above the engine, so does the h-brace do the same thing to stop flexing under the car? Does is actually work would be my other question. I like the strut bar though. looks nice. I may have to look into getting one when my Fusion gets here next week.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[quote author=oldschool720 link=topic=93989.msg1839441#msg1839441 date=1194486545]
Nice install. Question on the H-Brace. Never heard of one. Does it replace a "lower" strut-bar? You can find strut tower bars for above the engine, so does the h-brace do the same thing to stop flexing under the car? Does is actually work would be my other question. I like the strut bar though. looks nice. I may have to look into getting one when my Fusion gets here next week.
[/quote]

I have been racing for more years than i want to think about and i had not heard of an H Brace before. But yes it does the same thing as a lower sturt bar it stiffens up the bottom of the car. And yes it works. i noticed how much better the steering responce was right away. Then my took the car out and she did not know that i installed either the STB or H Brace i only told her that i was installing the new stereo. She came back and said there was something wrong with my car. I asked what and she said she did not know it drove diff then before. I asked what was diff and she said it turned weird :lol: it was more like the Neon (my old autocross car that set up very tight). I just smiled and she looked at me and said what did you do now. So long story even longer yes they both helped and for the money they are a very very good mod. And now i am not even thinking about getting a new front bar the front end is tight enough and on Sunday when i install my Racing Beat Rear bar all i will need is springs.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
[quote author=06MerlotSE link=topic=93989.msg1841083#msg1841083 date=1194550617]
Nice find man!! I've got me a bid on both of these now!!! :)
[/quote]

good luck on your bidding. You will like them. I just got an e-mail back from Way (seller on e-bay) and he said he is going to start listing both of these for the fusion as well as Mazda6 so when people do a search under "Fusion" on e-bay they will show up. Hopefully we start getting more and more aftermarket companies making parts for us.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Very nice...

·
Registered
58 Posts
[quote author=slaterracing link=topic=93989.msg1839453#msg1839453 date=1194487107]
[quote author=oldschool720 link=topic=93989.msg1839441#msg1839441 date=1194486545]
[/quote]

I have been racing for more years than i want to think about and i had not heard of an H Brace before. But yes it does the same thing as a lower sturt bar it stiffens up the bottom of the car. And yes it works. i noticed how much better the steering responce was right away. Then my took the car out and she did not know that i installed either the STB or H Brace i only told her that i was installing the new stereo. She came back and said there was something wrong with my car. I asked what and she said she did not know it drove diff then before. I asked what was diff and she said it turned weird :lol: it was more like the Neon (my old autocross car that set up very tight). I just smiled and she looked at me and said what did you do now. So long story even longer yes they both helped and for the money they are a very very good mod. And now i am not even thinking about getting a new front bar the front end is tight enough and on Sunday when i install my Racing Beat Rear bar all i will need is springs.
[/quote]

Thanks Slater. I do have one last question though. Does the H brace hang down below the car anymore than any other part of the car? It doesnt appear to but I couldn't really tell. I dont plan on changing out my suspension since I ordered the Sport Appearance Package and its seems pretty good from the factory, but I would be concerned about low clearance. Some of the parking lots around here are not friendly to stock vehicles, much less to ones with lower clearance.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Awesome, slater. I had a feeling you were going to get that H brace. Nice install....I always do stupid stuff in my car (like trying to clear stuff that I know I can't, etc.). That has pretty much come to an end with the Eibachs, but That H brace seems like it would provide a lot of extra protection as well.

I think I might get the Megan brace but think I'll give Steeda my money with the Tower brace and engine compartment dress-up (which I keep promising Larry I would do). Plus, one of these years I'd like to get the Steeda kickplates.

I want to be a Steeda Fusion of the month!!

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
[quote author=thereisnospoon link=topic=93989.msg1847186#msg1847186 date=1194831740]
[/quote]

Are you pictures posted on the Steeda site? I'm sure you'll get Steeda Fusion of the Month sometime soon. You have a lot more performance mods than I do, your car is sweet!

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
[quote author=thereisnospoon link=topic=93989.msg1847186#msg1847186 date=1194831740]
Awesome, slater. I had a feeling you were going to get that H brace. Nice install....I always do stupid stuff in my car (like trying to clear stuff that I know I can't, etc.). That has pretty much come to an end with the Eibachs, but That H brace seems like it would provide a lot of extra protection as well.

I think I might get the Megan brace but think I'll give Steeda my money with the Tower brace and engine compartment dress-up (which I keep promising Larry I would do). Plus, one of these years I'd like to get the Steeda kickplates.

[/quote]

The H Brace is nice and does help. The 2 reasons i got the e-bay STB is cost and i liked the chrome look over the black but that is just me

·
Registered
840 Posts
just so everyone knows, that h brace is not by megan racing. someone just slapped a sticker on it. I called them up asking about it, and they said they do not have any h-brace for a mazda6/3 available.

i'm not saying its bad, im gonna be buying one too ;D but i just called them asking if they were gonna make any other parts, and we got to that.

thats all, carry on.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Uh oh - do we have an imposter somewhere???? Hmm.....

That sounds interesting. I'll still probably buy it though :lol:

·
Registered
17,662 Posts
Out of all the companies to rip off their brand, why Megan? That's like building a decent car, then trying to pass it off as a Yugo.

·
Registered
17,662 Posts
[quote author=slaterracing link=topic=93989.msg1849126#msg1849126 date=1194905839]
i had never heard of Megan Racing before so i do not care if they made it or not. It works and that is all that matters to me :lol:
[/quote]

MR is fine for easy to make parts like this and strut tower braces, etc. Never buy any first run header, intake, coil springs, coilovers, etc. Give them a year to finally admit there are problems and fix them. :lol:

1 - 20 of 175 Posts