FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How does the car feel when you apply the brakes? I'm looking at a fusion but the thought of no ABS scares me

·
Registered
158 Posts
I think the brakes on the car are very good. Of course, I am used to driving pickups and SUVs prior to this car, so that may cloud my judgment. I had the same misgivings when looking at Fusions and Milans. Part of me has never really liked ABS--I just instinctively want to pump the brakes in a skid, which defeats the whole purpose of ABS. I thinik that this is the major flaw of the car--that Ford skimped on safety by making ABS and side air bags optional. I know they were wanting to keep prices competitive, but it is hard to find a car on the lot with exactly the right combination of safety features that you are looking for. I think the car should have had ABS and side air bags standard across all trim lines. That being said, I went ahead and bought one without either. I am comfortable with that choice. If I am ever in an accident, I may change my mind. I noticed that the brakes "grabbed" the other day when the car had been sitting out in the rain all day, much like older Ford Rangers used to do.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My Milan doesn't have ABS. It worked pretty well, even in snow. Last weekend there was a 12-in snow. I drove down a very steep road, of course with low speed, and didn't feel any skid. My old Taurus would have ABS active in that situation. But of course, ABS would be better.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I have ABS on my Milan, which it was an option.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the reply's guys. I took delivery of an SEL today and made sure it had the ABS option

·
Registered
9 Posts

Not A huge fan of ABS since my peddle has went to the floor twice ,dealer says all tested well and Ford Canada says no complaints about 07 fusion brakes and no recalls on brakes.Someone is lying her like Doctor Phill says.All Fusion owners please contact Ford Canada and feel free to use my name as person who has complained if you have had a similar problem and please tell them they are lying if they say no complaints.as my case was doumented with a case number ref# CAS-3667290-W8J2H4 by person Cathy K with ID #3135049 on Dec 12 /2013. My Fusion was made in Mexico it says.It is a scarry feeling to have no brakes on ice.I asked to have a rep phone me and they refused and said just take to dealer. Only thing changed was a software update to ABS modual-Rob Boucher Peterborough Ont Canada
Take that and smoke it Ford Canada -Rob Boucher

·
Super Moderator
5,961 Posts
Not A huge fan of ABS since my peddle has went to the floor twice ,dealer says all tested well and Ford Canada says no complaints about 07 fusion brakes and no recalls on brakes.Someone is lying her like Doctor Phill says.All Fusion owners please contact Ford Canada and feel free to use my name as person who has complained if you have had a similar problem and please tell them they are lying if they say no complaints.as my case was doumented with a case number ref# CAS-3667290-W8J2H4 by person Cathy K with ID #3135049 on Dec 12 /2013. My Fusion was made in Mexico it says.It is a scarry feeling to have no brakes on ice.I asked to have a rep phone me and they refused and said just take to dealer. Only thing changed was a software update to ABS modual-Rob Boucher Peterborough Ont Canada
Take that and smoke it Ford Canada -Rob Boucher
Hello Rob. While we all hope you can find a resolution to your issues, please do not dig up dead threads which are nearly 8 years old and/or double and triple post the same question in multiple threads. Post in one relevant thread only. Since you included all of your case and contact information here, I will leave this post as-is and delete the other two.

On a side note, when a properly working ABS system activates, it is quite loud and the vibration can be felt quite readily. It can be disconcerting for those not used to it.

If you have an issue with your Dealer, bring your car to another Dealer or a shop specializing in troubleshooting brake issues. In the meantime you can Contact Ford of Canada Customer Relations again and request that your case be elevated.

Keep us updated and good luck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts