FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
from what I see on these the 18 x 7.5 have off set of 48mm this is more then the stockers so might want to look at that if you didn't b4 :(

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[quote author=wingfoot link=topic=85247.msg1611795#msg1611795 date=1186232193]
from what I see on these the 18 x 7.5 have off set of 48mm this is more then the stockers so might want to look at that if you didn't b4 :(
[/quote]Greets wingfoot, specifically I'm looking at the 17's found HERE ;)

·
Super Moderator
5,958 Posts
[quote author=Governator link=topic=85247.msg1612365#msg1612365 date=1186259041]
[/quote]

Hi Governator. :wavey: To give a general answer, yes, they should work in a 17" size. The offset is only 1mm more than stock (45mm vs 44). Lug spacing seems okay.

Only question would be the hub size. Is it available in the correct size for the Fusion? I looked briefly, but could not find the center hub size. I personally do not care for the use of hub centering rings to make a wheel which does not fit, fit. But that is just my personal opinion.

Let us know what you decide. And whatever you decide to do, good luck. :cheers:

·
Registered
108 Posts
The people at tire rack are great. I'd e'mail them let them know what you have and what you are wanting and they will let you know if it will work. Trust the experts, not me :)

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
[quote author=bbf2530 link=topic=85247.msg1612482#msg1612482 date=1186263907]
[quote author=Governator link=topic=85247.msg1612365#msg1612365 date=1186259041]
[/quote]

Hi Governator. :wavey: To give a general answer, yes, they should work in a 17" size. The offset is only 1mm more than stock (45mm vs 44). Lug spacing seems okay.

Only question would be the hub size. Is it available in the correct size for the Fusion? I looked briefly, but could not find the center hub size. I personally do not care for the use of hub centering rings to make a wheel which does not fit, fit. But that is just my personal opinion.

Let us know what you decide. And whatever you decide to do, good luck. :cheers:
[/quote]Hi tnx for your reply. Boy I would assume it is the correct size for the Fusion as I saved it under '07 SEL in the upgrade garage but I'll know more once I contact them.

:cheers:

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
I LOVE the Enkei wheels. They're simple and don't have all that crap on them like the more ghetto wheels seem to have. I had similar wheels like this on my F150 and got compliments wherever I went. I love 'em - I'd say go for it if the wheel fits! :)

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
They look great. Go for it

[quote author=thereisnospoon link=topic=85247.msg1643861#msg1643861 date=1187247341]
I LOVE the Enkei wheels. They're simple and don't have all that crap on them like the more ghetto wheels seem to have. I had similar wheels like this on my F150 and got compliments wherever I went. I love 'em - I'd say go for it if the wheel fits! :)
[/quote]

What do you consider "ghetto rims"?

·
Registered
17,662 Posts
[quote author=Ceace link=topic=85247.msg1647804#msg1647804 date=1187368170]

[/quote]

Well, being from the same area as him (come to DFW, you'll quickly understand), he probably means anything flashy or too ornate. I share his opinion, although "ghetto" might not be what I'd call it as that can be misleading. Tuner wheels only for me.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
[quote author=fatabbot link=topic=85247.msg1647879#msg1647879 date=1187369571]
[quote author=Ceace link=topic=85247.msg1647804#msg1647804 date=1187368170]

[/quote]

Well, being from the same area as him (come to DFW, you'll quickly understand), he probably means anything flashy or too ornate. I share his opinion, although "ghetto" might not be what I'd call it as that can be misleading. Tuner wheels only for me.
[/quote]

:thinking: But, if you think about it, plain rims will only have a few designs. These "flashy" rims is what make a bigger variety. Take a simple five star for example, like the one in this thread, how many simple five star designs can you come up with? Not many. But, when you add more definition and designs to the five star, which will be I guess "flashy" or "ghetto" in your opinion, you get a bigger variety to appeal a larger audience, like mine. Are mine "ghetto" in your opinion? I am not trying to stab you, I am just interested in your taste of rims. :hug:

Reactions: FusionS2007

·
Registered
17,662 Posts
[quote author=Ceace link=topic=85247.msg1648011#msg1648011 date=1187373721]

:thinking: But, if you think about it, plain rims will only have a few designs. These "flashy" rims is what make a bigger variety. Take a simple five star for example, like the one in this thread, how many simple five star designs can you come up with? Not many. But, when you add more definition and designs to the five star, which will be I guess "flashy" or "ghetto" in your opinion, you get a bigger variety to appeal a larger audience, like mine. Are mine "ghetto" in your opinion? I am not trying to stab you, I am just interested in your taste of rims. :hug:
[/quote]

Personally, when I pull up wheels on tirerack.com for my Milan, I have over a hundred models of tuner wheels to choose from.

I like "clean" looking cars, not flashy colors, rims, mirror tint, etc. However, I know that my tastes aren't the same as everyone else, that's why I don't call things "ghetto" as that can come out as an insult.

Having said that, your rims are definitely not my taste, but they're not offensive to me nor would I try to change your opinion of what looks good!

EDIT: BTW, your car was one of the ones I sent pics of to a friend that's shopping for a new car in the coming months, so I don't find it to be "ugly". Keep trying to talk him into a Fusion over a tC.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Okay, I got ya. I have never understood what "Tuner Rims" are. I concluded myself that they resemble what people put on their street racers and ricers like on Accords and Civics that usually come in 16' to 18'. So, if you are into those, of course you won't like the "flashy" type in which they look better in at least 20' in my opinion. So, my rims are "definitely" not your taste huh. :angrypoint: :chuckles: Just kidding. But the "ghetto" adjective for rims like mine is definitely not a good description. I don't consider myself ghetto at all, and I don't like ghetto things, such as tons of flashy jewelry, sagging pants, bandanas, $2500 rims on $200 cars, etc.

·
Registered
17,662 Posts
It's all good. We all have different tastes.

I like tuner wheels, and yes, most come through size 18". I love RedFireSEL's wheels in this months car of month poll. In addition, I don't like the weight, handling, acceleration, braking and fuel economy trade off of big, heavy wheels. Not to mention the cost to replace the tires down the line. To each his own, that's why (thankfully) we aren't all driving identical cars. In the end, I think a Fusion with 20" chrome wheels is much more attractive than all of the Impalas rolling on 20's around here. The Fusion/Milan/MKZ is unique (when compared to domestic competition) in that it looks good with tuner wheels as well as "show" type wheels.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Well, I can say that my mpg hasn't changed with my 20's. I guess it is how I drive. I don't jack rabbit when I pull off. I ease on the acceleration and gradually get up to speed and I only drive 55 with the speed limit being 60 on the roads on the way to work. So, 55 makes up for the actual faster speed I am going because of the bigger wheels. Stopping, I slow down way ahead of my stopping point. So, it really depends on the driving behavior of the driver to notice any of those issues. I drive a nice car, so I like to "floss" as we say. I like for everyone to get a good view of the car, so fast speeds are not my cup of tea, especially with there being only...4 Fusions in my area and mine is the only one with mods. Damn, that feels good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

·
Registered
17,662 Posts
Power to ya bro. It's probably the same way that I like the understated style of my Milan. Soon enough I'll have springs and I'm gonna paint my wheels graphite to match my "dark slate" exterior.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
[quote author=fatabbot link=topic=85247.msg1648365#msg1648365 date=1187379499]
Power to ya bro. It's probably the same way that I like the understated style of my Milan. Soon enough I'll have springs and I'm gonna paint my wheels graphite to match my "dark slate" exterior.

[/quote]I wanna see pics of that. Should be nice! Oh,btw,Cease your ride looks great, keep up the good work.

·
Registered
17,662 Posts
[quote author=HALOREALM link=topic=85247.msg1648606#msg1648606 date=1187383342]
I wanna see pics of that.
[/quote]

Springs are coming soon, and painted wheels will probably follow the next weekend after that. Hopefully turn out nice, as I like the factor 17's, just want to customize 'em a little.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
[quote author=fatabbot link=topic=85247.msg1648687#msg1648687 date=1187384490]
[quote author=HALOREALM link=topic=85247.msg1648606#msg1648606 date=1187383342]
I wanna see pics of that.
[/quote]

Springs are coming soon, and painted wheels will probably follow the next weekend after that. Hopefully turn out nice, as I like the factor 17's, just want to customize 'em a little.
[/quote]I hope to install springs within the next 3 weeks. Back to school shopping for the kids has about wiped me out. I like the SEL 17's too. The only other wheel I have even considered so far is Drags DR 15's. The painted wheels on the Milan should be good.imo

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
I love clean lines on my wheels. When I went shopping, I had a picture of what I wanted in my head and I just happened to find exactly what I wanted. In fact, someone at work said "those are exactly what you said you were going to get". I have a black car and I like the way chrome looks on black cars. A gunmetal tuner wheel would not look good on my vehicle...chrome really accents it and my wheels are a simple design which really makes it stand out. Everyone has different tastes but I find a lot of people compliment me on the setup, which makes me feel good about my decision since it's all about personal taste.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
[quote author=mrc link=topic=85247.msg1649602#msg1649602 date=1187405120]
I love clean lines on my wheels. When I went shopping, I had a picture of what I wanted in my head and I just happened to find exactly what I wanted. In fact, someone at work said "those are exactly what you said you were going to get". I have a black car and I like the way chrome looks on black cars. A gunmetal tuner wheel would not look good on my vehicle...chrome really accents it and my wheels are a simple design which really makes it stand out. Everyone has different tastes but I find a lot of people compliment me on the setup, which makes me feel good about my decision since it's all about personal taste.
[/quote]Damn it your wheels are "ghetto" mrc :bs:
Just kiddin! They do look great on black, can't argue that. I'm not a big "tuner wheel" fan either. I've got a butt load of chrome on mine already and I think maybe chrome wheels would be just too much.idk
Your right, a nice shiny black car has to have chrome wheels. Take a look at those Drag Dr 15's and tell me what you think. The car is a merlot SEL. I would be looking at the silver wheel.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts