FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so, after being really bored today, i decided i wanted to photoshop what i want my front grill to look like. basically, its the mesh honeycomb front grill from a mustang, reseeded into where the fusion grill goes. I used the FSWERKS pic as a reference, so yeah, tell me what you think.

I actually intend to do this modification on my own. I'm gonna make the grill my self, and if it turns out good, may i can make more, or do a write up.

granted, its not extremely visible, it didn't look right due to the angle of the grill image i used, and the angle of the car. and with photoshop, you can only do so much w/ angles, so i got it as b est as i could, and faded the edges for the shadow/reseed effect.

update 4-3-08

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
That looks hot. Hopefully someone will see this and get it to possible development.

·
Registered
280 Posts
AGREE!!! Like that it is recessed...nice work!.....for poopies & ho-ho's ...can you do the same for the lower grill...would be very interested in how that looks.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have an extra grill like that from an F150 and my friend owns a body shop at a ford dealer im sure hes got grills R us from all the fixed up trucks they mod, gonna research maybe they will fit with some modification. Both f150 and mustang have a honeycomb grill version. Great look man.

·
Registered
297 Posts
confirmed......................Dats HOT

·
Registered
75 Posts
Perfect!!!!!!! i have been shopping around for a black mesh grill a little finer mesh than your pic but the modification that you displayed with your photoshop skills looks like it would possibly on the svt (hopefully) Nice wk tho looks great!! :D

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Man, I had no idea that I could like something as much as my stock grill...........but I think I just found it.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i actually ordered some aluminum mesh from www.customcargrills.com and some trim, im gonna mod this probably in the next week or so when i get a full two days off work.

im also gonna paint my bottom grill black. should look nice.

·
Registered
933 Posts
I'd like to paint my bottom grill black as well. I think it would blend in nicely with the black fog surrounds on the SE. (no -- I do not like the chrome surrounds). I really like the looks of the FSWerks Fusion.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
[quote author=Grant link=topic=85829.msg1705789#msg1705789 date=1189528738]
Has anyone painted the bottom bars black like showed above ??? if so how (or is there another post on this topic)
[/quote]

Check BASSNUTZ sticky in this forum. There's a post about it.

·
Registered
933 Posts
I've read his sticky. Do you really have to remove the complete front end cover just to get to the lower grill? I know he painted both.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Benit - you need to ask your state to give you some LP's that have chrome lettering on a black background while you're at it :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
i was thinking about doing this to my car, putting a street scenes grill on top and paint it black and leave the bottom one stock

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So,i opening up this post again just because i know someone was asking about.

Well i bought the material i wanted.

you can find it on ebay.de or ebay.co.uk by searching for regula tuning. It should be here today or tomorrow, and when i get my car back from the shop ill do it.

Ill post pictures when i get home, i cant use photobucket while im at work.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
I'm really interested in doing grille work. I was thinking about going black grille on top and recessed mesh on bottom, but I like the way that looks. I'll be watching this curiously. Don't mind if I bite your idea. :lol:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts