FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
8,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How long is it gonna last for this time?

·
Registered
14,911 Posts
It's permanent.

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
General douchebaggery.

He is no longer a positive contributor to the forums, looks for any opportunity to disrupt threads, and makes personal attacks to members at random. Admin agreed with most of the mods' complaints.

·
Registered
4,853 Posts
Also add to that the fact that after being warned in the past he still posted PMs which is a nono...

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
[quote author=FemGearHead link=topic=70830.msg1243813#msg1243813 date=1172844949]
Greg aka untouchable. I guess he really is untouchable now that he can no longer post. :)
[/quote]

Wow... I am out of town for three days miss out on COTM voting (I think) and this.

·
Registered
4,853 Posts
Next time dont miss a day on the forums NOOB....;)

·
Registered
14,911 Posts
[quote author=ag bullet link=topic=70830.msg1243897#msg1243897 date=1172846786]
[quote author=FemGearHead link=topic=70830.msg1243813#msg1243813 date=1172844949]
Greg aka untouchable. I guess he really is untouchable now that he can no longer post. :)
[/quote]

Wow... I am out of town for three days miss out on COTM voting (I think) and this.
[/quote]

COTM voting is open for another ~ 24 hours.

·
Registered
16,466 Posts
welcome to the internet, he has also contributed a lot...

I am just a bit pissed about this because I really don't understand what specific action it was that set him over the line. I would really like someone to show me what he did that was so wrong. Greg has been that way since the day he joined the forums....what is unfair to me is how he was able to spend so much time on here when everyone knew that he was the way he was, and apparently ban him for the same shit he has been pulling off for 16000 posts later....with no real explanation or specific cause. I am sorry if I am adding any to the drama, I hope you guys just understand that he is really good friend of mine and I am sticking up for him because we both don't get it. I am really frustrated with how much this forum has changed, it use to be much more tolerable of people like him and I, now its just full of tree huggers who can't take a joke.

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
I really hate to read / hear that we're assholes because we "cannot take a joke." Is or was Greg ever joking? And I also don't understand the rationale that because we let him get away with being rude, disrespectful of others, and attacking members for 16,000 posts we should let him get away with it for another 16,000 posts. I say better now than never.

One of the worst days of my moderation tenure was when Bookeem's badge was removed because I DID count him as a friend. He did not represent the views of the forums and the staff wanted to make that clear. The same went with Greg when his SM badge was removed. That can be just one warning that he received - in reality he's been told many times to simmer down... that was just the most public. What set him off this time was the closing of the Dubs / Angela thread. We asked that the conversation stop because it is really not fair to Dubs or Angela to be discussed all the time. Dubs may have said he didn't mind, but Angela was no where to be found. We asked for it to stop, it didn't, so it got locked. Then Greg went off on how we were all nazis locking his shit all the time and treating SO MANY members like shit. I kept asking him who else we were treating like shit and I go no answer. He thinks we had this constant hatred towards him but nothing could be further from the truth!! He dug the holes himself and had more than enough chances to be a decent person towards others, and I don't just mean the staff here. Yes, he may have contributed at one time but lately he's been TRYING to cause trouble just like Kevin, so he was treated the same way. We give people many chances simply because it would be VERY wrong to kick someone out for a few steps out of line. We've all had bad days and done things we shouldn't, and that shouldn't cause permanent action against us. Greg, Kevin, people in that list (the banned list) we given chance upon chance to continue to be a valuable part of the group and they kept fucking it up.

And add away to the drama - I really respect that you're willing to stand by your friend when he's got so much going against him in this group. I just don't think there's going to be much that you can say or do to convince people that he's still an asset to the forums and should be welcomed back.

·
Registered
7,234 Posts
[quote author=FemGearHead link=topic=70830.msg1245337#msg1245337 date=1172882479]
Please ban Greg's IP. He's posting again under Untouchablesdevil.
[/quote]

Greg's IP was banned. His new username and IP have also now been banned.

·
Registered
7,234 Posts
[quote author=budgy link=topic=70830.msg1245433#msg1245433 date=1172884442]
welcome to the internet, he has also contributed a lot...

I am just a bit pissed about this because I really don't understand what specific action it was that set him over the line. I would really like someone to show me what he did that was so wrong. Greg has been that way since the day he joined the forums....what is unfair to me is how he was able to spend so much time on here when everyone knew that he was the way he was, and apparently ban him for the same shit he has been pulling off for 16000 posts later....with no real explanation or specific cause. I am sorry if I am adding any to the drama, I hope you guys just understand that he is really good friend of mine and I am sticking up for him because we both don't get it. I am really frustrated with how much this forum has changed, it use to be much more tolerable of people like him and I, now its just full of tree huggers who can't take a joke.
[/quote]

He's been getting away with it... so we should just let him keep getting away with it. I honestly can't agree with that rationale, Budgy. Besides, this isn't "merely" a staff action. He does NOTHING BUT PISS PEOPLE OFF.. and by people, I mean members... not just staff members. Enough is enough. The guy used to have something to contribute, but now he's a troll that's angry about his sewing circle being disrupted. I know he's your friend, but he had to go. And now, like the child he is, he's trying to circumvent the situation for the sole purpose of antagonizing the staff.

·
Registered
16,466 Posts
[quote author=zobx link=topic=70830.msg1245755#msg1245755 date=1172895718]
I really hate to read / hear that we're assholes because we "cannot take a joke." Is or was Greg ever joking? And I also don't understand the rationale that because we let him get away with being rude, disrespectful of others, and attacking members for 16,000 posts we should let him get away with it for another 16,000 posts. I say better now than never.

One of the worst days of my moderation tenure was when Bookeem's badge was removed because I DID count him as a friend. He did not represent the views of the forums and the staff wanted to make that clear. The same went with Greg when his SM badge was removed. That can be just one warning that he received - in reality he's been told many times to simmer down... that was just the most public. What set him off this time was the closing of the Dubs / Angela thread. We asked that the conversation stop because it is really not fair to Dubs or Angela to be discussed all the time. Dubs may have said he didn't mind, but Angela was no where to be found. We asked for it to stop, it didn't, so it got locked. Then Greg went off on how we were all nazis locking his shit all the time and treating SO MANY members like shit. I kept asking him who else we were treating like shit and I go no answer. He thinks we had this constant hatred towards him but nothing could be further from the truth!! He dug the holes himself and had more than enough chances to be a decent person towards others, and I don't just mean the staff here. Yes, he may have contributed at one time but lately he's been TRYING to cause trouble just like Kevin, so he was treated the same way. We give people many chances simply because it would be VERY wrong to kick someone out for a few steps out of line. We've all had bad days and done things we shouldn't, and that shouldn't cause permanent action against us. Greg, Kevin, people in that list (the banned list) we given chance upon chance to continue to be a valuable part of the group and they kept fucking it up.

And add away to the drama - I really respect that you're willing to stand by your friend when he's got so much going against him in this group. I just don't think there's going to be much that you can say or do to convince people that he's still an asset to the forums and should be welcomed back.
[/quote]

Thank you for a proper answer, I am satisfied. And sorry I was adding to the drama too, glad you understand that I do it also because he feels wronged...I didn't see any of this drama between DUBS and Angela unfolding either, and Greg of course made no mention to me.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.