FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys this is a tough one. I really like the idea of an in-dash setup, but of course the price is pretty steep to replace a perfectly functional stereo. On the other side there is the portable units that are really handy to move from vehicle to vehicles but there is no really slick mounting options for these and they never look very integrated into the car. Are there any other pros/cons of either choice?

Thanks,
Gabe

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have had two in dash units and several Garmin units over the last 10 years. While I like the look of a built in system I have found the maps in my Garmin are better than the car makers options. I have a Streetpilot 2610 pictured in this thread and I love it. If you are looking for a GPS get a Garmin, they are the best hands down. I have found that www.gpsnow.com has great prices and super reviews.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow, your GPS unit is awfully nice. I am sold on the portable unit. It's much more convenient and you don't run the risk of a break-in as you would with an in-dash because you can just take it with you. I got my wife a portable and fabbed a dash mount for her vehicle and it looks pretty pimp. I think I'll do the same with my car as well. Thanks for the advice. Garmin gets a lot of positive reviews - I just have to decide if it's worth the extra cost. I'm not planning to spend more than $300 for mine.

·
Registered
463 Posts
I just went with a Garmin Nuvi 360 and it is awesome. It costs more than $300 but it is worth the few extra bucks. It is definitely a savings over the in-dash units, however.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts