FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Came back on Saturday from a week in mexico, left the rug rats at home with my folks for the first half, then the inlaws for the last half. They met us at the airport with the kids and the wife's Dodge Caravan and went on their way. When I opened the garage door I almost blew an o-ring. There was my baby, my redfire 06 Fusion, with a stroller and a cardboard box on the hood!! Lucky the kids were there to prevent me from going off on a colourful tyrade full of expletives. I am known in the neighbourhood as the guy who cleans the car (in the summer) every other day. Never have any waterspots when possible. Just washed it off at work in garage, and was met with several nice stroller wheel scratches across the hood! I asked my dad if he did it (knowing very well he would NEVER do that - I get my "car-guy-ness" from him).
Just had to let off some steam. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I feel your pain.

When my wife and I started dating I could not figure out why the trunk on her Jetta was scratched when the rest of the car was fine. One day when I went with her to pick up her laundry I figured it out. When she needed somewhere to put the laundry basket until she opened the the back door she would just put it on the trunk. Fortunately that was the last time she did that.

·
Registered
198 Posts
This must be a woman thing. I used to have to scream at a g/f to not put a purse on the roof of the car. It's not the fact they put stuff there - it's when they take it off they don't pick it straight up. They have to DRAAAAAAAAAAAAAG their sh*t. Biatches.

·
Registered
476 Posts
my GF does that with the trunk of her car. thank God its only a Toyota Crapolla. Thought she did put a nice ding in the b-pillar of the front passenger door when my fusion had 400 miles on it.

Women in general are FAR too careless with automobiles. That is the reason I never let my GF drive my car unless I am in the car, the weather is perfectly clear and im completely sober.

·
Registered
910 Posts
I know how you feel, I'm the same way. My mom has scratches on her car from unloading groceries and setting them on the bumper. My girlfriend initiated my car by driving into the garage without closing a back door! Thankfully she doesn't drive my car much mostly just rides in it

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yup, there's a reason I got a manual tranny with this car, the wife can't drive it. I had a 96 Contour that was also a stick, and all mine. When I traded it for a 99 Grand Prix, guess who got to drive it (and keep it ass dirty).
All the girl bashing aside, this episode was no doubt perpetrated by her father. Some guys don't care about cars either. He is the kind of guy who uses duct tape to fix tail lights or dangling mirrors (the fact that those types of things happen to his cars regularily says a lot). There are apple cores under the car seats, and does not own car washing equipment.

·
Registered
702 Posts
I told my wife to be that I know she's going to be the first person to put a ding in it or it will at least happen when she has the car even if it isn't her fault. She's only driven it twice to far but will drive it much more when the baby comes. You know what she said to me? She said "I know what you mean." !! Damn, well at least she's honest :?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts