FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:) You guys weren't kidding about the difference. It does feel like a different car, it's weird. The throttle response seems different in a good way.. and the transmision shifts pretty quick now. At the most, it's about 1,000 rpm drop for me. Also, I was not hassled at all at the dealership I went to. It was Sarasota Ford in Sarasota, Florida. I printed out the paper, told them to follow the directions, and then make sure my cruise control still worked after the reflash and they nailed it in about an hour and a half of waiting time. It's well worth it ladies and gentlemen!

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Glad to hear you are happy with the results, and didn't get crap from the dealer about getting it done.

·
Registered
702 Posts
where did you get that printout? my car was made in 11/05, it's the 2.3 and i still don't know if there is a now flash program for my car.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I got my 2.3 reflash done, mechanicboy18! It took me a while but they finally did it and it does feel alot better.

·
Registered
702 Posts
no more first gear lag and delayed shift? What did you tell the service department at the dealer? did you have a printout to show them, if so what one? I tried that link above and it worked once but hasn't since so i can't print out the PDFs.

·
Registered
702 Posts
It updates The computer on your car with new parameters for it's workings. There's at least three computers on my I4 fusion. The PCM(Power Train Control Module), the TCM (Transmission Control Module), and the IDS(Intrusion Detection System), all three were updated today. A reprogram will give your car a new set of guidelines to operate by. I had my car reflashed today and so far it has quickened my shifts, Transmission shifts slightly sooner, and a little of the throttle lag has gone. It depends on you car what it will do to your vehicle.
My description is not a technical one, it's more of a layman's way of saying it.
You could also describe it like an operating system. Like upgrading from Windows XP to Vista, or Mac OS9 to OS10. There are advantages and disadvantages to both. But as is usually the case, the New one is better.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Did it cost anything to have the re-flash done or was this a Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) item?

·
Registered
702 Posts
free under warrentee, TSB 6-16-08. you have the v6 so i believe that you would want the TSB 06-21-11 if you got one.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Actually it looks like there may be a new reflash for the V6 TSB 07-2-3?

·
Registered
817 Posts
[quote author=otaku link=topic=70264.msg1240481#msg1240481 date=1172724476]
Actually it looks like there may be a new reflash for the V6 TSB 07-2-3?
[/quote]
Can't find that one at the moment. Tell me more about it, please.

G

·
Damn, you guys are making me jealous. I'm going to get mine done. Did you guys make an appointment, or did you just walk in?

·
Registered
702 Posts
I had to make an appointment. I would believe that it would depend on the dealership whether you need an appointment or not. I'd call ahead of time and ask. You might be able to make an appointment over the phone. I drove my car last night and I can tell you that the long wait at the dealership was worth it. If nothing else I'm happy that it doesn't overrev in first gear anymore. I'd say it shifts a good 5-600 rpm sooner on light throttle. I used to hit about 3500rpm in this one intersection, i don't know why and it would just there at 3500 for about a solid second then shift and rock you in the seat. Now it's about 2600 and is way smoother. But when you get on the throttle hard it still feels good and doesn't shift to soon so don't be worried about it shifting too soon taking the fun out of driving the car. I would think this will very slightly help my fuel economy. I'm going to paradise today which is up in the mountains and on hilly terrain so today will really be a test of how it performs :)

·
Registered
910 Posts
Boz its on page two of the yahoo link provided us with all the TSBs. Says that it supersedes the previous one that mechanic boy mentioned we should get done.

Hey mechanic boy I used to live in chico! I know exactly where you are talking about, my little bro was born in paradise! :)

·
Registered
702 Posts
otaku, that's sweet. Yea we went up there to see a doctor about my to be wife and found out she's 3 months pregnant. We knew she was pregnant, just only thought max 2 months. It looks like i will have my kid in Paradise too lol. Small world. This means that i will most likely hanging on to my fusion for a lot longer then i thought. Even tho I'm only turning 21 next month, i'm still excited to know I'm having a kid :)

·
Registered
910 Posts
Hey man congrats! 8) :klavergreg:

The fusion should be great for the family! 8)

·
Registered
910 Posts
Not sure about you boz but turns out I don't need the reflash my car was built 10/16/06

·
Registered
817 Posts
[quote author=otaku link=topic=70264.msg1244811#msg1244811 date=1172867295]
Not sure about you boz but turns out I don't need the reflash my car was built 10/16/06
[/quote]
Otaku,
The door sticker on ours simply says "10/06." Just a month and year. Where did you get the day of the month from? Is there some magic formula to get an exact build date? Your information indicates yours was built on a Monday, according to my 2006 calendar. Our two cars are very similar, if not identical, so I don't need a re-flash either. We have 1,900 miles on ours, how about you?

G

·
Well I know I need to get mine done. I bought mine in May 2006. So it was probably built a little earlier that year.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.