FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:( :xAnyone else have a door ding yet? Felt like I got kicked in the nuts when I first noticed. It's about 4 inches ahead of my front passenger side door handle, right on the body line. Anybody ever pull a door panel and try and push one out? I'm very self conscious about it , feel like everyone is staring at it, it could be worse I guess, the car could be a dark colour. It's white and not overly noticeable, but pisses me off everytime I look at it. Any suggestions on removing it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
You may have to buy one of those dent pullers and pop it out. I don't think they cost too much. Other than that, you will may have to pay a lot and have a professional do it. Oh, I just paid attention to the fact that you said it is on the body line, ouch :x. I don't know much about body work, but you may have to see a body shop.

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Slaterracing had a suggestion, just checking in the phone book for paintless dent removal and trying that. It's a long weekend here so I'll have to wait until tomorrow. What an a-hole of a day!

·
Registered
61 Posts
I got one too! not real sure when it happened though. Its on my drivers rear door but its not on the body line. Im evntually gonna try one of those dent removers and see if it will pull it out.

·
Super Moderator
5,958 Posts
[quote author=kevjur link=topic=85438.msg1615663#msg1615663 date=1186419179]
:( :xAnyone else have a door ding yet? Felt like I got kicked in the nuts when I first noticed. It's about 4 inches ahead of my front passenger side door handle, right on the body line. Anybody ever pull a door panel and try and push one out? I'm very self conscious about it , feel like everyone is staring at it, it could be worse I guess, the car could be a dark colour. It's white and not overly noticeable, but pisses me off everytime I look at it. Any suggestions on removing it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
[/quote]

Hi kevjur. :wavey: Slaterracing is correct. Check under "Paintless Dent Removal". Also, you can look for a particular franchise called "Dent Wizard". I have used them several times on my cars, and they do great work. You can also call your local body shop and ask them if they work with one. Many body shops contract out small dings and hail damage to these paintless dent removal companies.

It is really amazing how they do the work (I have watched them). They slip small, specially shaped tools behind the body panels and massage out the dent from the inside. Fascinating to watch.

Good Luck! :cheers:

PS - "Dent Wizard" also has a website. Dentwizard.com . They list the sites in Canada, and there are only 10. Not sure if any are close to your city (there were none listed in Saskatchewan). I know the one I deal with does house calls. Take a look.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
My truck was in a hail storm 4 years ago. I tried to save money by trying to get the dents out myself. I used a a clothes hanger and a screwdriver. Didn't work out at all. :lol:

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everybody! Going to call Dent Wizard in Edmonton, Alberta tomorrow. It's only a 2 hour drive from here and have to be there for a course next Monday. I'll just take my car there instead of my company truck. Feeling better already. :)

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Well about 2 years ago in my Ford Focus, I had a pretty nasty door ding right behind my passenger side door handle. I called a local "Dent King" to do paintless dent removal. They drive to you and fix it. My only complaint was after the fact, I didn't think it was worth the $350 to get it fixed. :(

But the work is pretty much top notch. It's cool to see how they massage the dent out and used lines to determine the exact spots where the dent is creating folds in the sheet metal.

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'll get an estimate first, I sure as hell don't want to pay $350 for a little door ding. That's almost the price of my tuner that's coming.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
[quote author=UnderEstimated link=topic=85438.msg1616907#msg1616907 date=1186447082]
Well about 2 years ago in my Ford Focus, I had a pretty nasty door ding right behind my passenger side door handle. I called a local "Dent King" to do paintless dent removal. They drive to you and fix it. My only complaint was after the fact, I didn't think it was worth the $350 to get it fixed. :(

But the work is pretty much top notch. It's cool to see how they massage the dent out and used lines to determine the exact spots where the dent is creating folds in the sheet metal.
[/quote]

Damn, around here a little dent by a "dent king" is $100

·
Registered
1 Posts
my car got hit by a baseball a couple of days ago right on the body line driver's side back door. my dad was able to pop it out at the dealership

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Yep, I got a nasty one on my driver side door that was right in the trim line in the same place that it seems like yours is. The problem is that mine is the Charcoal Beige and really looked terrible. I paid someone 60 bucks (paintless dent remover guy) to take it out. I wasted some money at an O'Reilly to buy one of their little suction cup remover things - I took it back and went straight to that guy who took it out in about 20 minutes. Oh well.

I know some people who have tried to get those dings removed via their car insurance company. Apparently they will pay for ding removals in some instances.

·
Registered
52 Posts
i got 2 dents in mine before it had 5,000 miles on it i wrote a thing on dents in fusions its like the least little thing dents them.... I got a charcoal beige fusion also and they look like shit pass side front door and pass side rear door not on body line though

·
Registered
91 Posts
lot of good info in this thread... my 04 Mustang has a nasty dent in the driver's side quarter panel... never even thought to call a paintless dent removal place... just assumed the price would blow me out of the water. i just might be calling now.

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Finally had a chance to get my door ding fixed. Dent Wizard did it for $100, took him about 5-10 minutes. He took out the main one, then noticed another small one that he also took out. I'd post before and after pics. but I couldn't get a good one of it, and now it looks the same as the other side. For $100 canadian I'm pretty happy and would recommend them to anyone else in the same boat. :D Thanks for the tips!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts