FordFusionClub.com banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I recently acquired this Goped Bigfoot. I bought it used with a few upgrades. It came with the stock G23LH motor, with a CY29CC Big Bore kit (35mm big bore/2mm stroker crank), Sikk Torque expansion pipe, Mad Dog brakes (drilled rotors, with mechanical calipers/pads), new handle bars/steering stem, new billet deck, 3rd bearing support, and lockout. I have found out that 2 mm stroker cranks are not good, 1mm are optimal, and stock are just about as good as the 1mm. So, I replaced the crank with a stock g230RC crank. It pulls HARD now, and tops out at 27.5 mph, which means the engine is spinning at 14,800 rpm. When I had the crank case apart, I noticed that the previous owner had done some porting in the transfer ports, so that was an interesting surprise. In the mail, I have new tires and a new spindle on the way. The tires have a tread pattern similar to a Toyo R1R (http://www.davesmotors.com/s.nl/c.885035/n.1/it.A/id.2720/.f). The spindle will be larger, thus having a higher top end, and less acceleration. I figure that since I pull wheelie's all the time, without meaning to, I have the extra power to pull a larger spindle. If I'm still able to reach the 3rd power band, and hit the max rpm, I'll be looking at a 33 mph top speed. On to the pictures!

IMG_6728 by acedeuce802, on Flickr

IMG_6731 by acedeuce802, on Flickr

IMG_6725 by acedeuce802, on Flickr

IMG_6726 by acedeuce802, on Flickr

IMG_6724 by acedeuce802, on Flickr

·
Registered
6,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
[quote author=Ckenaan link=topic=196101.msg4109902#msg4109902 date=1315951743]

Wheres the gopro vid? :lol:
[/quote]

I'm working on it :)

·
Registered
6,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep, i just did that for one ride. It was an old expansion pipe my friend made a long time ago, and I just threw it on there for the hell of it :)

·
Registered
6,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Basically, I definitely wouldn't have spent the money on it if I wasn't at school. It's really nice to have to fly to the other side of campus at 30 mph!

·
Registered
6,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Soooo I screwed up a wheel today. I'm not exactly sure how it was done, but somehow there was added stress/friction on the rear wheel, when it was put back together. Every time I'd get up to full speed, the rear end would start fish tailing like crazy. I took a look at it, and the bearing had heat up so much that it melted through the plastic wheel. I ordered a used magnesium wheel with new bearings for $25!

·
Registered
13,371 Posts
[quote author=acedeuce802 link=topic=196101.msg4110757#msg4110757 date=1316051598]
Soooo I screwed up a wheel today. I'm not exactly sure how it was done, but somehow there was added stress/friction on the rear wheel, when it was put back together. Every time I'd get up to full speed, the rear end would start fish tailing like crazy. I took a look at it, and the bearing had heat up so much that it melted through the plastic wheel. I ordered a used magnesium wheel with new bearings for $25!
[/quote]
Probably because your pumping so much power to the tires and it wasn't made for those kinds of speed :lol: 20mph...too fast....LOL

·
Registered
6,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
:smokinamd:

I wanna do a huge burnout before I get rid of my old tires :lol:

·
Registered
6,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Everyone got mad at us. There are 3 of us at school with gopeds, and the night that I rebuilt the motor, we went racing around the parking lot at 4 in the morning! These things are loud as hell.

·
Registered
6,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Haha I know. We were too excited/tired to even think about it. :p

·
Registered
6,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Got a new wheel, put on my new tires, and went for a 10 mile ride today. It developed a small air leak (probably at the carb) that is causing a high end bog. It was fun riding around the street's of Ann Arbor, keeping up with cars :lol: I found out that I get somewhere around 50 miles per gallon!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts