Keep the Google Ads at the top?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys think of the Google Ads at the top of the site?

They take up no extra space (I reclaimed the space from other things that were there) and I don't think they are annoying, but that's just my opinion.

Personally I don't mind ads, and I actually use them when something interests me.

So what do you guys think? Right now it's just a trial period.

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Theoretically - it's a pay per click thing. But If people dislike them I'll remove them and just leave them at the bottom of pages.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
I think it should be at the bottom too....

we should get everyone on the forum to click it once and use the money to buy prizes for draws..^^

·
Registered
8,793 Posts
Yeah I agree with others - the google ads would be better at the bottom.

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
dioxviad said:
Possible to:

open in new window? please. not a fan of the back button on here
I totally agree. Unfortunately, due to the Google TOS, I'm not sure I can do that. Theoretically, I'm not allowed to modify the code at all. I will definitely be looking into it, though.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
hmmm... It should work - the referrer address would still be listed in the link code, so no real harm done if you add it.

You could probably add a JavaScript or PHP to wrap it in some kind of "new window" code (for the link, or as some kind of "new window" for the forums).

Just a thought...

I actually think it's a bit crowded, but wouldn't mind sticking it... say.... under that list of sh!t I can and can't do on the right of the Quick Reply....

·
Registered
8,793 Posts
Hmm, what if you make the google ad open in the current window - but make the Mazda3forums open up on a new window (basically backwards from what was suggested). If you had a

Code:
<body onload = "window.focus();">
in your M3F code, then your new popup would end up remaining the active window :)

That is, unless google made their ad pages do a window.focus(); as well - where then I just wouldn't know what would happen.

Anyway, this is assuming you have any control over the HTML that is used to render the Google ads.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Its time to go Goggle...to the bottom.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.