FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Whether or not it's ok is up to you. The touch-free washes aren't all bad, but there still is risk of long term damage if they aren't maintained well. Those types of washes use chemicals to clean your car, some of which are very harsh if not used in the proper ratios. For me, it's too risky.

Any wash that isn't completely touch free is bad, and will introduce swirls to your paint.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
I don't use them, the chemicals in their detergents are normally harsher than you would find at the store.  Also, if it has the brushes, you never know what is on them or what went through before you.

An automatic car wash is just like a hooker... Are you sure you want to use it next?

·
Registered
112 Posts
I detail cars on the side, all I can tell you is that mechanical car washes are BAD! But if you like swirl marks and maybe some minor scratches, by all means go ahead :D. Touchless car washes won't do any damage if the chemicals used aren't harsh but they won't get the car entirely clean. Hand washing is really the only way to go, unfortunately not everybody has a driveway or a house outlet.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Now that's funny.....Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts