FordFusionClub.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 SEL with stock suspension. I would like to put 19"s on it with 245/40R19 Goodyear tires, but I am unsure as to what they will look/ride like on an un-lowered car. I live in Ohio so I will be changing wheels as the seasons change so I do not want the car to ride very low during the winter. What have you guys done and/or heard of being done to Fusions with stock suspension.

My car is Ford's metallic/pearl white, let me know what you guys think about these, they are Mustang GT/CS wheels:

http://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/ptd/4551403077.html

(Sorry about the link being a craigslist ad, it wouldn't let me add an attachment)

·
Registered
276 Posts
245/40/19 is too tall of a tire. I am not sure if it would clear the (upper control arm?) that sits just above the tire. If it did, you would need some type of programmer to compensate for the added diameter, which can throw off the speedo, odometer, etc. Also, those wheels have Goodyear RSA's. I would never us those tires, myself. They are honestly just crap all around. The wheels themselves look awesome, though.

·
Registered
336 Posts
You would have to run a 19x8.5 35 offset with a 245/35 tire for it to fit correctly. Your speedometer would be off .41% which is nothing you would notice.

it would look no different than your stock wheels except your trading rubber for rim. meaning you don't really gain or lose any arc gap (-1.33mm) or change your ride height

Also those tires in the ad are dry rotting (look at the cracks in the rubber) They are shit.... better off getting a rim and tire package somewhere else as you will have to replace those....

·
Registered
5,290 Posts
From a completely aesthetic point of view, in almost all circumstances, whenever you change the wheels on a car to something larger with a lower-profile sidewall, you need to lower the car at least an inch or so. This gives the car a more aggressive stance in general and a lot more visually appealing.

From a ride point of view, you wont notice a difference. Even if you do, the noticeable difference is worth the nicer look on the outside.

·
Registered
55 Posts
There don't seem to be many offerings in the 235/40/19 size :( Goes from grand touring to max performance summer. Would anyone know which tire would be the better way to go: 245/40/19 or 245/35/19? The O.E. tire diameter is 26.4", the 245/40 is about 26.7", the 245/35 is about 26"... I'm leaning towards picking up a set of 245/40 uhp all seasons(the Pirelli Nero's I had on the mustang I traded for the fusion was a great tire). Does anyone see any rubbing issues with this tire on a Titanium Awd? I know the speedo will be slightly off, but I can live with that.

I'm sure many would think "why not get a max perf summer tire?" I would think that would just be overkill, and the resulting lower tread life wouldn't be worth it...

Any suggestions would be welcome/helpful!
I have 245/40-19 on my 2014. It's the same tire that comes on the Lincoln MKZ (same as our cars, almost). No problems at all.
Im running 245/40 19 on mine, are you running 18's or 20's? I have no problems at all on mine for rubbing at full wheel lock left and right. even over speedbumps. I would think that even running 20's (though it may be close) you should be ok with 245/40 without a drop. I can't speak for with a drop yet until I get my springs... hope it helps.
I hope this can be of help to anybody who skims this forum for assistance. (Even if this is an old thread)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts