FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there one? I have never noticed it before but was looking for something at night and couldnt see. I looked to see if a bulb was burnt out but couldnt find a bulb. Whats the dilly?

·
Registered
477 Posts
Someone needs to modify something to make it have a light.

·
Registered
52 Posts
[quote author=Jaysen link=topic=77510.msg1412620#msg1412620 date=1179263656]
I was just thinking the same thing. I will come up with something either today or tomorrow!
[/quote]

Any news? Did you came with something?

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
I have rigged something up, just need to find the time to sit down and get it in the car and play with it. All in due time.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Yeah that is something that needs to be added. I mean we've got puddle lights on the mirrors but not in the glovebox! Just a tiny bulb would do

·
Registered
476 Posts
new fords seem weak in the interior light department. my fusion had the dome light, 2 map lights, and a trunk light.

my 91 tbird had the dome light, 2 map lights, the c-frame lights, lights on the back edges of the doors, a light under the dash for each foot, a light in the glove box, a REALLY bight light in the trunk, and a light under the hood.

stupid bean counters.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I would have to say that the non-existence of a light under the hood is not a good thing. This is a bit disappointing considering the engineering put into this vehicle... :shock:

·
Super Moderator
5,962 Posts
[quote author=jwolfe815 link=topic=77510.msg1410468#msg1410468 date=1179199667]
Is there one? I have never noticed it before but was looking for something at night and couldnt see. I looked to see if a bulb was burnt out but couldnt find a bulb. Whats the dilly?
[/quote]

Hi jwolfe. :wavey: Have you tried looking at night with the headlights (or parking lights) turned on? The MKZ has a glove box light, but it only illuminates when you open the glove compartment door if the headlights or parking lights are on. If they are off, and you open the glove box door, no light.

Try it if you haven't already.

Good luck! :cheers:

·
Registered
371 Posts
My Fusion does not have a light for the glove box either. However I think the map lights are bright enough and I an see into the glove box. They are so bright, I think they project light in front of the car further than the headlights! Not really of course. I can certainly see that how tall, or how big the passengers head is could block the light. Where the passenger seat is positioned could also play a factor as the headrest and upper bolster might block the light. I don't think there is a need for a light under the hood anymore. If you break down, with all of the computers and all of the major components covered under plastic, Ford is probably thinking your only choice is to take it to a shop where they have lots of light. I think the light from a cell phone is enough to add stuff like windsheild fluid or antifreeze. Mind you I've never tried doing this myself but have found my car keys in a pitch black room with just the cell phone light. I think the bean counters are happy with the Fusion sales because there is another post showing an ambient lighting option which lights in the foot wells! I hope this will be something previous model owns can do.

Good luck with the project!

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Hey, I got a solution for the light missing in the glove capartment: a flash light. :D

·
Registered
371 Posts
Just as long as you don't store the flashlight in the glove box! :lol:

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Yeah, I've got a mod for this. It's called "3D Mag Lite under left side of driver side seat track"

Not only does it provide light, it would be pretty good protection too.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
[quote author=thereisnospoon link=topic=77510.msg1657977#msg1657977 date=1187676682]
Yeah, I've got a mod for this. It's called "3D Mag Lite under left side of driver side seat track"

Not only does it provide light, it would be pretty good protection too.
[/quote]

:lmao:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.