FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife is complaining abot how cold it is when she goes out in the mornings to start her car. She has a 06 Fusion SE V6 and is wanting to get a remote start put on. What brand is everyone using, about how much is this going to set me back, and where did you get it installed at? Thanks for the help.

Andrew

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Get a viper unit and if you have a best buy near you go to them. I work there part time and i am getting one of them installed in my wifes 07 dakota because she is complaining about the same thing. figure it is going to cost you about $350 to $400. I have installed remote starters myself with a buddy of mine and i will never do it again. They are a royal pain in the @ss and a good item to leave up to the people who do them all the time.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Hi Drew,
From what I have pieced together, a module has to be installed with a blank key for the remote starter to work. I believe the Fusion has the key's with the computer chip in them to prevent the car from being hotwired. A blank key from the dealer with the chip in it must be purchased for the remote starter to work. The draw back is that with this blank key in the car at all times, it would be easier for someone to hotwire the car. I agree with Slater that you should go with a company like Viper who has an engine immobilizer to prevent anyone from hotwiring the car. I think the Fusion warms up pretty fast considering I have the V6 and it definitely warms up faster than my wifes I4 Mazda 3!

Happy modding!

·
Registered
476 Posts
Yes, you do need the blank key for it to work. I checked at best buy a while back. Also some insurance companies may not cover your car for theft if they can determine the PATS was disabled.

Ford offers a factory one as an accessory. Anyone know if that one will work without a spare key in the car?

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
[quote author=jaydez link=topic=94202.msg1843531#msg1843531 date=1194633182]
Yes, you do need the blank key for it to work. I checked at best buy a while back. Also some insurance companies may not cover your car for theft if they can determine the PATS was disabled.

Ford offers a factory one as an accessory. Anyone know if that one will work without a spare key in the car?
[/quote]

speaking as an insurance agent they cannot do that. Even if you leave the keys in your car running and it gets stolen they will still have to pay out. They will b!tch and yell about the claim and give you a rash of sh!t but they will pay out.

·
Registered
331 Posts
The Ford remote start does not use a spare key. It has a sperate module that controls all of that. I can send you the installation instructions if you like.

cisco

·
Registered
910 Posts
Thinking of getting this for my fusion but am worried about the complications it could add (just something else to screw up) and of course it'll cost a pretty penny so most likely I'll just stick to wearing a nice jacket and waiting for the seat heater and heater to do their work!

·
Registered
840 Posts
i was gonna get one, but i have a mtx. i'd have to start it up after someone else drives my car and leaves it in gear. that would suckkk.

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
I was going to get one right from Ford, it was $450 installed, pretty basic model, but like the Ford saleswoman said, we've already got the door lock/unlock on the key itself, so all we'd need is a one-button remote. If you have the 2007 Fusion accessories brochure, the various remotes are on page 7, I'm sure you could go to the ford site and find fusion accessories there too. Keep us posted on what you decide.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I have the Ford remote start. It doesn't always work though, which grinds my gears! LOL They give you 2 remotes. I forget how much I paid. I think it was like $495. Sry!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts