FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm starting to get worried about taking my car in for the rattles. I've been reading others posts on this site and others about how letting them poke around in the dash made things worse! I think I could live with the noises (a vibrating metal sound in the door panel and a "tick" in the dash). ok maybe not, but I'm just really afraid that something won't get put back together right.
should I take it in? what should I do?

·
Registered
477 Posts
I understand what your saying. Most dealerships could care less about you. You are more a pain in there ass to them than anything esle. Unless your buying something. But good luck. I hope things go well.

·
Registered
817 Posts
[quote author=archifusion link=topic=77144.msg1400031#msg1400031 date=1178804831]
I'm starting to get worried about taking my car in for the rattles. I've been reading others posts on this site and others about how letting them poke around in the dash made things worse! I think I could live with the noises (a vibrating metal sound in the door panel and a "tick" in the dash). ok maybe not, but I'm just really afraid that something won't get put back together right.
should I take it in? what should I do?
[/quote]
That's always been one of my fears, too, that taking the car in to have a rattle fixed (3,000 miles and five months, nary a noise problem) will result in some other problem being created. To be sure a car cannot be reassembled as well as it was originally done at the factory. However, most Technical Service Bulletins do describe in some detail how to fix certain problems.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Take it in, keep doing so until the issue is fixed. You pay/paid a great deal for you car, and its under warranty.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Your right about that. i guess I'll take it in. but the next issue is...sometimes, maybe for 4 or 5 days at a time, it doesn't rattle. It just so happens that today it was quiet. But it always comes back. I just don't want hear "I just didn't hear anything" from the service tech.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Sit there and try diff. things to get it to "act up" once it dose, point it out obviously. If it dose not act up right away just keep doing the normal stuff. Take a service writter along for a ride or whatever it takes to make the issue come up. Then demand it gets fixed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.