FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I usually wear my seatbelts in the car, but every once in awhile, I dont want them on. "I know, I know" thats not safe AND its against the law, but oh well. Anyway, is there a way to take out the sensor that detects the seat belt being on? It wont do anything at first. Then about a minute later I get the "DING DING DING". It will stop for awhile then come back on again. How do I make it stop beside putting the belt on?

·
Registered
148 Posts
in my moms 99 ford windstar if u clicked the red part of the buckle it wouldnt beep at u, in my moms 2005 crown victoria i know this is no longer working, i havnt tried it in my fusion because i like to be safe/avoid tickets,

but yea try pushing in the red part it used to work and my fusion has more in common with the windstar than the crown vic (sterio staying on till open doors, etc)

·
Registered
325 Posts
Your owners manual will answer your question - it is a few minute process.

Enjoy eating your windshield :lol:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
[quote author=captainhook link=topic=52546.msg848928#msg848928 date=1153985406]
Your owners manual will answer your question - it is a few minute process.

Enjoy eating your windshield :lol:
[/quote]

:p

·
Registered
477 Posts
I'M WONDERING THE SAME THING. IF WE GO SOMEWHERE AND MY WIFE IS DRIVING AND I GET BACK IN THE CAR WITH MY HANDS FULL OF SOMETHING LIKE PIZZA OR FOUNTAIN SODAS, I DON'T HAVE ANY HANDS TO GET THE SEAT BELT ON. I HATE THAT ANNOYING SOUND. I NEED TO READ THE OWNERS MANUAL ABOUT THAT. MY WIFE ALREADY TOLD ME TO LEAVE IT ALONE BUT I CAN'T STAND IT. THEN SHE SAYS "WELL NOT WEARING YOUR SEATBELT IS GIVING YOUR SON A BAD EXAMPLE" SO THEN I PUT IT ON.

·
Registered
359 Posts
It is in the owner's manual like posted earlier... i remember reading it. I know with my insurance, if I ever get a ticket in my car for not wearing a seatbelt, my premium goes up. i'll stow my itmes in the trunk :lol:

·
Registered
477 Posts
I'VE HAD PLENTY OF TICKETS I'VE EVEN HAD 9 POINTS AT ONE TIME AND MY INSURANCE NEVER WENT UP AT ALL. THE INSURANCE COMPANY TOLD MY COUSIIN THAT THEY DON'T KNOW IF YOU GET A TICKET UNLESS YOU TELL THEM.( HE WAS SWITCHING INSURANCE AND THEY ASKED HIM IF HE HAD ANY POINTS AND HE WAS LIKE "WHAT DO YOU MEAN DON'T YOU ALREADY KNOW THAT"

·
Registered
359 Posts
i want your insurance! I have never heard of a premium not goin up... especially after 9 points! Yeah I checked the "you promise to wear your seatbelt" to get an extra discount. This type of discount could be reginal or by state too. Did you find it in the manual?

·
Registered
477 Posts
I DIDN'T FIND ANYTHING IN THE MANUAL. EVER SINCE I'VE HAD MY INSURANCE IT HAS ALWAYS WENT DOWN. I'M 26 AND MY WIFE IS 24 WE PAY $124 A MONTH FOR THE FUSION SE, 1999 CONTOUR SE SPORT, 1988 F-150 4X4. I'VE HAD THE TRUCK FOR 7 YRS NOW AND WHEN I FIRST BOUGHT IT I WAS PAYING $75 A MONTH AND NOW I'M ONLY PAYING ABOUT $20. I'VE ALSO HAVE HAD NUMEROUS SEAT BELT TICKETS. I WEAR MY SEAT BELT NOW. LESSON LEARNED. BUT I'VE NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEMS WITH TICKETS MAKING MY INSURANCE GO UP. NEITHER HAS MY BROTHER. NOW ON THE OTHER HAND HIS INSURANCE WENT REALLY SKY HIGH WHEN HE TURNED IN 3 CLAIMS WITHIN 6 MONTHS. THEY ACTUALLY KICKED HIM OFF THEIR POLICY.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.