FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
8,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Craaaapppp... I went down to Detroit for their Fuse-In Techno festival thing...... and I'm just out of it man... sucked. The "oonce" music scene just has me buggered.

JimmyT - I don't see how you keep up on stuff man - either I'm getting more cynical, or the music just sucks now... :ugh:

·
Premium Member
12,854 Posts
holeydonut said:
Craaaapppp... I went down to Detroit for their Fuse-In Techno festival thing...... and I'm just out of it man... sucked. The "oonce" music scene just has me buggered.

JimmyT - I don't see how you keep up on stuff man - either I'm getting more cynical, or the music just sucks now... :ugh:
Please educate me. I'm a european Electronica fan but being stuck in Nowheresville I've fallen off a bit.

·
Registered
8,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Uh... I'm not sure what to educate with since I'm out of the loop myself.....

The Fuse-In thing was a "concert/event" down in Detroit that lasts 3 days:

http://www.fuse-indetroit.com/production/

Anyway, I'm used to the days of The Chemical Brothers, Orbital, Oakenfold, BT, and stuff... the new crap is all "rappy" and weird with funky sound effects and weird morphed phrases and stuff. The level of "hardcore ooonce" and total reliance on a rediculous pace of 140bpm (or more) is just stupid... it was just a big mosh pit instead of anything that resembled what I remember to be a rave. Yeah, stuff by Future Sound of London and BT may be 140 bpm, but they don't rely on a pounding bass note on each beat to get deliver the tune. Really, 140 massive bass hits going on for 4 straight hours sucks.

I guess it didn't help that this was Detroit - one of the most ghetto cities of all time. It also didn't help that I was only slightly buzzed and didn't get any wierd drugs in my system ;)

But really, I think Techno has gone downhill. Anyone and their moms (oh wait, women can't be techno DJs) is now some spinster/sampler and they all use their ghetto software to make ghetto beats. All I have to say about techno now is..... :ugh:

I'll stick with listening to my Lynyrd Skynyrd

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
Operator said:
holeydonut said:

Please educate me. I'm a european Electronica fan but being stuck in Nowheresville I've fallen off a bit.
Yeah, I've never heard the term "oonce", either. Kids these days... :roll: I work in a gay club, so most of the stuff I play is nothing like what you probably heard at that festival. I've never been much of a techno/hard house/whatever fan...perhaps because I've never done any drugs. :dunno:

Donut, what are you doing in Michigan? Did you suddenly move here or something? I've been a little out of the loop lately, so perhaps I missed your comments about that.

·
Registered
8,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Heh, "old" is 25... at least, I feel old.

As for why I'm in Michigan... I'm up north of Detroit in Auburn Hills this summer because I have an internship with Chrysler. It's closer for me to get to Grand Rapids from South Bend, IN (where I'm in school) than it is for me to go from Detroit... crazy.

·
Premium Member
12,854 Posts
holeydonut said:
Uh... I'm not sure what to educate with since I'm out of the loop myself.....

The Fuse-In thing was a "concert/event" down in Detroit that lasts 3 days:

http://www.fuse-indetroit.com/production/

Anyway, I'm used to the days of The Chemical Brothers, Orbital, Oakenfold, BT, and stuff... the new crap is all "rappy" and weird with funky sound effects and weird morphed phrases and stuff. The level of "hardcore ooonce" and total reliance on a rediculous pace of 140bpm (or more) is just stupid... it was just a big mosh pit instead of anything that resembled what I remember to be a rave. Yeah, stuff by Future Sound of London and BT may be 140 bpm, but they don't rely on a pounding bass note on each beat to get deliver the tune. Really, 140 massive bass hits going on for 4 straight hours sucks.

I guess it didn't help that this was Detroit - one of the most ghetto cities of all time. It also didn't help that I was only slightly buzzed and didn't get any wierd drugs in my system ;)

But really, I think Techno has gone downhill. Anyone and their moms (oh wait, women can't be techno DJs) is now some spinster/sampler and they all use their ghetto software to make ghetto beats. All I have to say about techno now is..... :ugh:

I'll stick with listening to my Lynyrd Skynyrd

Ahhh the good ole days. Paul Van Dyk, Carl Cox, old school Prodigy, Sasha and Digweed. Having a wife and 2 little ones keep me away from the techno scene. So I'm dated with what I listen too. But music in general (in my opinion) these days is POOH.

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
holeydonut said:

As for why I'm in Michigan... I'm up north of Detroit in Auburn Hills this summer because I have an internship with Chrysler. It's closer for me to get to Grand Rapids from South Bend, IN (where I'm in school) than it is for me to go from Detroit... crazy.
Yeah, SB is closer to GR than Detroit is to GR as well. I used to work at a club in SB called Heartland on Wednesday nights. I think my drive took about an hour and 40 minutes or so (maybe less). Detroit is about 150+ miles from GR, so on a good day you can get there in about 2 hours.

·
Registered
8,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
JimmyT said:
holeydonut said:

Yeah, SB is closer to GR than Detroit is to GR as well. I used to work at a club in SB called Heartland on Wednesday nights. I think my drive took about an hour and 40 minutes or so (maybe less). Detroit is about 150+ miles from GR, so on a good day you can get there in about 2 hours.

Heh, I've been driving US Highway 12 between SB and Detroit (it masses by Michigan Intl. Speedway) - I have seen 0 Mazda cars on my 3 trips so far :bunnyd:

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
12?? Damn, that must take you forever! I don't expect you'd see any 3's along that route...that's the deep south of Michigan...lots of ******** there driving Fords and Chevys. :lol:

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
donut, I had to reply to this from a thread that was locked:

Interestingly, Mazda's "zoom zoom" campaign wants you to think the cars are comfortable and fun to drive cross-country since their ads usually take place out in some barren area or some fictional highway. What is funny about this is that I absolutely hate driving my Mazda3 long distances. If only my test drive allowed me to put 200 miles on the car...... I would have just stuck with an i model with the cushier seats.
It wasn't comfortable for you? I drove down to North Carolina in January and loved every minute of it. I thought it was VERY comfortable for a road trip. I can't wait to drive it out west next fall (if I get some decent time off from work).

·
Registered
8,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
^^^ I've been complaining about the seats every sense I got my car... my ass just hurts after 30 minutes in the driver's seat. I've tried lots of different positions and even sitting on pillows - but no go.

I don't have the issue with my knees hitting the console, and my legs are comfortable - it's just my butt that hurts.

Anyway, the car is fine when I'm just going to work or school - but I'll definitely take my Corolla (or a Charger :bunnyd:) if the opportunity is there.

Actually, I like taking long drives along US Highways. I try to take them whenever the opportunity presents itself (ie: I'm going between 2 cities and there isn't a large metro located in the middle). US 12 is a pretty fun drive... Although, I wasn't too well received when I stopped at a random "EAT" place :bunnyd:

·
Registered
10,693 Posts
after about 2 hours my butt will start to fall asleep, but that is only on the boring sections of highway (hwy5). when im going on a fun drive through the mountains i can sit in the car for 5 hours with out even noticing that i have gone through a whole tank of gas with out stopping to stretch my legs.

·
Registered
8,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Operator must have posted something really mean. I motion for a ban :hsugh:

·
Registered
8,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I wonder what's up.... hope things are okay :dunno: it's like all posts today are "edit"

·
Registered
8,626 Posts
I find the 3 very uncomfortable, but I don't know if that's just b/c my back always hurts or if it's the car. Both the 6 and the 3 are very uncomfortable to me. my elantra was 1000x more comfy

·
Registered
8,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah, I don't have a big ass to cushion me on drives. I need more ass-ness.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts