FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK i know i may get flamed for this but i am waning to install gauges in my car. I race cars (won multiple SCCA regional championships and have been racing since the age of 16) and i always want to know what is going on in my cars. I do not want to do the A-pillar pod i just think that looks a little ricey. What i was thinking about was making a custom triple pod out of PVC tubing and fiberglass/bondo it to the storage bin on top of the dash. The bin sits low enough that if i added 3 2 inch gauges they would not be any higher than the wiper blades and would be easily seen without having to take your eyes off the road. The gauges i would install would be Autometer oil press, oil temp and water temp. So what do you think aobut the idea. I would make it so the bin still opened just have to have enough slack in the wires for it to move.

·
Registered
484 Posts
I say go for it. Most mods are good mods.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
[quote author=BlackedOutSEL link=topic=68461.msg1990478#msg1990478 date=1200267047]
I would probably eliminate the bin and do a recessed application with gauges... this will keep the original slope of the dash since the guages would not be sticking up to far.. thats just me though so go for it

[/quote]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.