FordFusionClub.com banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Re: Gauge install (a work in progress)

Dude, this is as American as Apple Pie. I love it for the sheer fact you did it. HA HA HA HA. Bet a Camry owner wouldn't have come up with that. It would cut into their "American Idol" time. 8)

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
Looks really good. :goodjob:
How hard was it to mold with fiberglass?
Are you going to trim it at all?
Looks good either way. When I first saw this a while back I wanted to do it but instead of those gauges I would be using temperature gauge to see how cold it is outside.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
[quote author=20louie06 link=topic=76762.msg2935945#msg2935945 date=1234584288]
Looks good either way. When I first saw this a while back I wanted to do it but instead of those gauges I would be using temperature gauge to see how cold it is outside.
[/quote]

the fiberglass is not to bad you just need a good mold to start off with. a friend of mine did this one for me but i am going to make another one this spring because i have the molds for it. He was just wanting to play since he is making a bunch of custom molded stuff for his mustang. you can use any gauges you want to. I have a racing background so oil pressure is a must for me. With my turbo cars i always have air/fuel gaues in them but the fusion does not need that. Was going to do a water temp gauge but just do not think it needs it right now. So i figured the volt gauge would work. Always good to know that the Alt is putting out the right amount. If you are looking for any molds i have ones that i have shaped out of wood. all you would need to do is get the trim ring spacers for autometer or make your own out of PVC pipe. here is what the mold looks like.

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg66/slaterracing/pod7.jpg

·
Registered
13,371 Posts
Hey slater when you did the oil pressure gauge where did you hook up the pressure sending unit? Is there a spot that you can hook it up to or did you have to tap into the block when you did this? And for your Volt meter you just tapped into the radio harness for the actual reading for the volts right? Thanks!

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
[quote author=Seasonalskier link=topic=76762.msg2941990#msg2941990 date=1234881751]
Hey slater when you did the oil pressure gauge where did you hook up the pressure sending unit? Is there a spot that you can hook it up to or did you have to tap into the block when you did this? And for your Volt meter you just tapped into the radio harness for the actual reading for the volts right? Thanks!
[/quote]

this is the picture of the oil sending unit installed. I used a T-Fitting to go were the stock sending unit installs. Since we need to have the stock until in because it could mess up the computer thinking there is no oil pressure. In this picture the large round one is the autometer sending unit and the skinning one right across from it is the stock one. I just got the t-fitting from a hardware store and painted it since it is unfinished and i did not want it to rust.

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
[quote author=slaterracing link=topic=76762.msg2936410#msg2936410 date=1234621824]
[/quote]

the fiberglass is not to bad you just need a good mold to start off with. a friend of mine did this one for me but i am going to make another one this spring because i have the molds for it. He was just wanting to play since he is making a bunch of custom molded stuff for his mustang. you can use any gauges you want to. I have a racing background so oil pressure is a must for me. With my turbo cars i always have air/fuel gaues in them but the fusion does not need that. Was going to do a water temp gauge but just do not think it needs it right now. So i figured the volt gauge would work. Always good to know that the Alt is putting out the right amount. If you are looking for any molds i have ones that i have shaped out of wood. all you would need to do is get the trim ring spacers for autometer or make your own out of PVC pipe. here is what the mold looks like.

[/quote]

Thanks for the offer. I'm going to try it myself first and see how that goes. I'm pretty good with my hands. I think I'm going to do the outside temp and the water temp.
Did you pick up your gauges from any autoparts store?

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
[quote author=20louie06 link=topic=76762.msg2944851#msg2944851 date=1234969279]
[quote author=slaterracing link=topic=76762.msg2936410#msg2936410 date=1234621824]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Thanks for the offer. I'm going to try it myself first and see how that goes. I'm pretty good with my hands. I think I'm going to do the outside temp and the water temp.
Did you pick up your gauges from any autoparts store?
[/quote]

i ordered mine from from summitracing online

·
Registered
124 Posts
That is quite possibly the largest oil pressure sending unit that I have seen in my entire life, lol. I was gazing down at the pressure switch just the other day wondering... "Is there room for a Tee in there...?" I guess my question has been answered, lol. If we begged hard enough, Lo-Tec might make an A-pillar for us; I think they make one for the 6, which doesn't match our graining.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
[quote author=96SFusion link=topic=76762.msg3290560#msg3290560 date=1250888014]
That is quite possibly the largest oil pressure sending unit that I have seen in my entire life, lol. I was gazing down at the pressure switch just the other day wondering... "Is there room for a Tee in there...?" I guess my question has been answered, lol. If we begged hard enough, Lo-Tec might make an A-pillar for us; I think they make one for the 6, which doesn't match our graining.
[/quote]

the a pilar is just a little to "in your face" for the fusion. It is fine for other cars just do not think it would look right in the fusion. that is why i put the gauges down below easy to see when i need to but hard for other poeple to see.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts