FordFusionClub.com banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i finally figured out where i am going to install them not done yet have to finish the paint on the mounting plate and then wire and install the sensor. But i have done so many gauges that is the easy part. All the hard stuff is over. Let me know what you think?

R

·
0 Posts
Re: Gauge install (a work in progress)

Hmm, not really a big fan of that.

·
Registered
359 Posts

i like it... cant wait to see the finished product... BUT for myself i dont even know what they do lol.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

[quote author=sternyy link=topic=76762.msg1390634#msg1390634 date=1178554762]
i like it... cant wait to see the finished product... BUT for myself i dont even know what they do lol.
[/quote]

:lol: I just went with the basic 2 gauges the oil pressure more or less tells you there is enough oil in the motor and the oil pump is working the way it should. As long as there is 20 or more PSI you are good to go. The other is a volt gauge. Just monitors alt out put and the battery. Having that one has come in handy on other cars with ground wire issues and bad batteries so i always put one in my cars.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

:lol: ok its me again. I am 99% done. All i have to do is run the 1 wire for the sending unit on the oil pressure gauge and it is done. Just need a friends help to snake the wire thru the firewall.

First pix is of the light power wire tapped into the shifter harness right under the E-brake Handle it is a blue wire with brown stripe. The light works great it turns on and off with the light switch and also dims with the dash lights. works well

Second pix is the ground wire. (ya i know it is red but it is the only color i had :lol:) It is attached to the bolt that bolts the E-Brake Handle down.

Third pix is the Power Wire tapped into the key on only wire into the factory radio harness.

Fourth and Fith pix are just showing i used zip ties to keep the wires out of the way of the shifter and any moving parts.

Next ones are install pix

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

[quote author=Chris06Fusion link=topic=76762.msg1422508#msg1422508 date=1179543015]
That is a great looking install. I love how it looks finished
[/quote]

Thanks Chris. I like the way the turned out a lot. The wife hates it so i know it is GOOD. 8) My camera sucks at night shots but the lights have the green cover over them so they glow green like the factory lights. I am going to order the LEDs from Autometer so they are a little brighter sinc the cover dims them alot. But they are still bright enough to see them without a problem.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

[quote author=Jaysen link=topic=76762.msg1422772#msg1422772 date=1179554441]
It looks pretty good. Only thing I would of changed is I might of painted the Plexy black. Other than that I love it!
[/quote]

It was a toss up. Was not sure which way to go with it. I was thinking about making a trim piece to go around the edge of the plexy and make that black. might break up all the tan. Not sure yet first thing is getting the sending unit wire thru the fire wall. Does not look like that will be easy at all. May end up drilling a hole and installing a gromment.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Well finally it is all done. Ran the pressure sending wire thru the main harness grommet on the drives side foot well up and to the left of the clutch. Used a coat hanger ( opened up ) to poke a hole and pass thru the grommet to the engine bay. Worked like a charm. At that point all i had to do was use electrical tape to attach the wire to the end of then hanger that was still in the car then went outside and pulled it thru. I did have to pull the battery to make roome for my hands but that was a not a biggy. i ran the wire beside the battery then done so when the battery is in you cannot see it at all. Looks nice a clean. Cardomain

**EDIT**
Forgot had to move the power outlet since i use it to run the duel screen DVD player the kids watch on long trips.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

[quote author=RedFireSEL link=topic=76762.msg1431751#msg1431751 date=1179938615]
Man, that is a cool setup. Nice job on the outlet relocation!
[/quote]

Thanks With the gauge mount being able to be removed if i ever sell the car i figure i will just get another power outlet and plug then just tap into that one so i can put the orig back in the correct place. Would just give the next owner 2 front power outlets. But i am not planning on getting rid of it any time soon. I think it would make a great 1st car for my 10 year old son in 6 years when he gets his lic. Will see what happens.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts

Looks good! But if I could offer a suggestion... If I couldn't get a clean edge on the plexiglas, I would cut it a little short all around, get 1' or so of small rubber tubing, split it down the middle, and wrap it around the plexiglas with a little glue in between. That way you have a clean edge all the way around and no gaps.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

[quote author=UnderEstimated link=topic=76762.msg1435007#msg1435007 date=1180036543]
Looks good! But if I could offer a suggestion... If I couldn't get a clean edge on the plexiglas, I would cut it a little short all around, get 1' or so of small rubber tubing, split it down the middle, and wrap it around the plexiglas with a little glue in between. That way you have a clean edge all the way around and no gaps.
[/quote]

Ya i am going to redo it some day the edges did not come out like i wanted them to. very good idea about the tubing. The other thing i was thinking was when i get my dash kit (hopefully soon) it will have the trim in there for that area and i would just put it on the gauge mount. That would clean it up alot.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts

[quote author=slaterracing link=topic=76762.msg1435140#msg1435140 date=1180038810]
[quote author=UnderEstimated link=topic=76762.msg1435007#msg1435007 date=1180036543]
[/quote]

Ya i am going to redo it some day the edges did not come out like i wanted them to. very good idea about the tubing. The other thing i was thinking was when i get my dash kit (hopefully soon) it will have the trim in there for that area and i would just put it on the gauge mount. That would clean it up alot.
[/quote]

That's a good idea too! But I would paint the trim piece they give you because it's normally a "chrome" piece.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts