FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After doing some research, and seeing what the MRT Fusion is sporting under the hood, it got my brain kicking into high gear. I still need to do much more research on how to do this to my 3.0 V6 Fusion.

I have a mechanic buddy of mine that specializes in foreign car like BMW's, Jags, Benzs, Peugeots, Toyotas, I'm sure he'll be up for the challenge of adding a turbo to my ride. Unfourtunatly, he's in Daytona for the week, and I can't get in touch with him to try and get a good game plan to execute this venture.

http://www.atpturbo.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=GRT-TBO-048&Category_Code=TBN

With the possibilities of up to 550hp, I must say, my curiosity is on full tilt right now. I already own a SCT tuner, so I'm sure a cusom tune would need to be implemented.

So, I'll have to wait until I speak to him when he gets back to see what he has to say. I'd love to keep the car pretty close to a stock apperance. But have a beast under the hood.

If anybody else has any information about these types of turbos (or any others that will work on a 3.0 V6), please jump on in and sread the good word. Until then, I will wait for his reply, and keep you all posted about what is required to achieve the quickest Fusion around.

Time will tell.

·
Registered
702 Posts
I don't know anything about that turbo but i'm sure that 3.0 is able to be turbo charged. I believe this because the new 3.5L engine ford has is basically a stroked version of the 3.0L engine. Lincoln is going to make a 415HP twin turbo direct injection version of this engine for there to be released MKR. This can be seen on page 77 in Motor Trends march 2007 issue.
The only thing i think is that the stock 3.0 short block won't be able to handle 550PH like you're thinking about. Good luck tho, and DEFINITELY let us know how it goes.

EDIT: you should know that the Lincoln MKR is going to be rear wheel drive. So it might be pretty tight of a space to put turbos on a fusion v6

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've already looked at the install pictures from the MRT Fusion, and ther will be quite a few mods needed in order to make this possible. There is plenty of room for the intercooler, and room for the extra pipes. I know it can be done, I just need to figure out how.

·
Registered
702 Posts
well if you're looking for somewhere to start you could get the magnaflow exhaust and when you get the turbos set in just replace the pipe until it splits to the two mufflers, Or just built your own custom exhaust.

Now the research that i did shows that the 2007 MRT Ford Fusion T5(if that's what you are talking about) uses a single Garrett T31 turbo making 325HP while keeping the rest of the engine stock and using the AWD version. That sounds like a good deal. Oh yea and they used a intercooler as well.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, that's what gave me the idea. I'd be happy with the 325hp. I'd like to know how to get this done to my ride.

·
Registered
702 Posts
well if it was in semi on a already production car then I would thing that they at least have seriously thought about putting it into production unless they already are try to put it into production :)

·
Registered
509 Posts
A twin turbo 3.0L Duratec is already used in the Noble M400 and makes 425hp. The biggest problem your gonna have is getting the tranny to hold up to the extra power.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Yea, but i very much doubt that it has the same internals as the regular 3.0L. Good job, it uses two Garrett T28 turbochargers but also notice that that is a rear mount engine with rear wheel drive.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's it, time to contact the MRT boys. I just gotsta know. (if they'll even divulge that info to me). :?

·
Registered
484 Posts
I would love to see the end result. That would be a kick ass ride.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
I want to see it and then see the dynos! If it does what I think it can do, then I'll definitely buy it.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I emailed Dan Garn from MRT, and he said the only way I could get the turbo installed is at his shop. He's in MI.

I WILL find another way!!!!

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I'm from Michigan. Did he say how much?

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
No, I'm sorry , he didn't.

·
Registered
910 Posts
325hp on my AWD? Thats very tempting. I mean my god thats another 100hp that'd be a nice boost and certainly would outdo just about anything else in this class. Hell I may take some time off and take a trip to MI :)

Any chance ATP would install these? Getting to fremont would be alot easier at least for me (family nearby to stay with etc)

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Could someone post a price for what this would cost? I've got no problems with making a road trip up to Michigan.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
This turbo system is not out on the market yet, so there is no pricing. It was built for the SEMA car.

·
Registered
702 Posts
i think they mean how much will MRT charge to put one on, even a beta one. Would it be way expensive cause it's not out yet or would it be cheap because they get to experiment with your car?

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
That my friend was a question I never asked Dan. You'll need to get in touch with MRT for that answer.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts