FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!

Looking into a future purchase for a fusion and I've been reading and reading nonstop for the past week and I really see no issues besides the tranny hard shifting.

Aside from doing the usual 10K ( I usually do 3K oil, 10K full inspection ) mile per maintenance. What else would I need to look out for? A lot of vehicles I'm looking at range from 100 - 130K mile mark.

Also for my first upgrades on the vehicle. I'm going to be doing all 4 corners for SS brake lines, drilled/slotted rotors and would like recommendations for widest no rub tires ( Grand Touring ) with a flush offset rims on coilovers.

If coilovers aren't recommended, what type of strut and springs would change how the car feels in terms of performance and street-able comfortability?

PFQ/PFA. Thanks all.

·
Super Moderator
5,961 Posts
Hello all!

Looking into a future purchase for a fusion and I've been reading and reading nonstop for the past week and I really see no issues besides the tranny hard shifting.

Aside from doing the usual 10K ( I usually do 3K oil, 10K full inspection ) mile per maintenance. What else would I need to look out for? A lot of vehicles I'm looking at range from 100 - 130K mile mark.

Also for my first upgrades on the vehicle. I'm going to be doing all 4 corners for SS brake lines, drilled/slotted rotors and would like recommendations for widest no rub tires ( Grand Touring ) with a flush offset rims on coilovers.

If coilovers aren't recommended, what type of strut and springs would change how the car feels in terms of performance and street-able comfortability?

PFQ/PFA. Thanks all.
Hi iStryka and welcome to the Ford Fusion Club. For starters, according to the mileage on the vehicle (you don't mention it) you should perform all required scheduled maintenance for that mileage and any coming up soon, as per the Maintenance Schedule in your Owners Manual.

If you do not have maintenance records for the vehicle, I would also recommend you perform any/all required scheduled maintenance from earlier in the cars life, since without maintenance records, it would be unknown whether it was properly performed or not.

If you do not have a hard copy, you can download the PDF version here: https://www.fleet.ford.com/parts-service/resources/owner-manuals/

I would also recommend you register your Fusion on the Ford owners website here: https://www.ford.com/support/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIw-bv06qf8wIVwAaICR3TIAqQEAAYASAAEgIiA_D_BwE&searchid=160581195|13270894275|&ef_id=EAIaIQobChMIw-bv06qf8wIVwAaICR3TIAqQEAAYASAAEgIiA_D_BwE:G:s&s_kwcid=AL!2519!3!267771591266!e!!g!!ford owners

Concerning the tires/wheels: It is not really possible to answer that question without details as to what the size and specs of the wheels would be. A general answer would be not to go wider than 245-255. But even that can vary according to wheel size/specs.

If you look in the sub-forum dedicated to Wheels and Tires, you can find a fitment thread that will hep you in figuring all this out. Wheels / Tires

Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts