FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
check out this web site. It talks about the 2008 mazda 6 and shows some disguised pics. They mention that the 2008 mazda 6 rides on a new modified platform - one that's shared with the ford mondeo. I thought the mondeo was on a totally different platform from the fusion/6? modified?
anywho, I wonder what this means for the 2009 ford fusion. will it follow suit? or will it keep using the old platform? Lots of questions... there's so very little on the web about the 2008 fusion let alone the 2009.

thoughts?
http://www.worldcarfans.com/spyphotos.cfm/spyphotoid/6070226.002/country/jcf/spy-photos-new-mazda-6

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[quote author=NaplesBill link=topic=76353.msg1379111#msg1379111 date=1178053057]
Actually, I thought the next Mondeo would be using a Volvo platform.
[/quote]

yeah I thought I read that somewhere too. I don't think these guys know what they are talking about. On a slightly different topic, It's sad to hear that lincoln will no longer be using jaguar platforms - I thought the idea of the two companies tied was a nice one. How can ford afford to design platforms for jaguar alone?

I realize I probably started this thread in the wrong section, sorry

·
Super Moderator
5,957 Posts
[quote author=archifusion link=topic=76353.msg1379054#msg1379054 date=1178051935]
check out this web site. It talks about the 2008 mazda 6 and shows some disguised pics. They mention that the 2008 mazda 6 rides on a new modified platform - one that's shared with the ford mondeo. I thought the mondeo was on a totally different platform from the fusion/6? modified?
anywho, I wonder what this means for the 2009 ford fusion. will it follow suit? or will it keep using the old platform? Lots of questions... there's so very little on the web about the 2008 fusion let alone the 2009.

thoughts?

[/quote]

Hi archifusion. :wavey: This is the information which I have read: They are half right. The 2008 Mazda 6 does ride on a platform that is "modified" from it's current version: To explain, the Fusion/Milan/MKZ platform is a modified version of the current Mazda 6 platform. It is stretched (wheelbase) by 2 inches to make it a more "American sized" car.

Well, the new Mazda 6 will use the current, two inches larger, stretched Fusion/Milan/MKZ platform. So in effect, things have come full circle. It is not based on the European Mondeo platform.

Hope this helps. Good luck. :cheers:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts