FordFusionClub.com banner

121 - 135 of 135 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,777 Posts
My goodyear eagle GT's grip like crazy in the snow. We had an inch of slush this weekend and no issues..when it gets real deep though I can't help but take the AWD explorer..RWD cars are more fun by far though..

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
[quote author=biggee72 link=topic=103516.msg3446611#msg3446611 date=1260205859]
My goodyear eagle GT's grip like crazy in the snow. We had an inch of slush this weekend and no issues..when it gets real deep though I can't help but take the AWD explorer..RWD cars are more fun by far though..
[/quote]

Yeah this weekend was my first experience with my goodyear gts in the snow and I'm very pleased

·
Registered
114 Posts
Just got a chance to get mine out in the MN powder. All I can say is WOW...huge grip and very surefooted, even with the stock Michelins. Seems that winter will not be a problem for the '10.

One question tho---my TPMS light is on. Should I just check and fill all tires, or just ignore it because of the cold?

·
Super Moderator
5,789 Posts
[quote author=Adogg96266 link=topic=103516.msg3451039#msg3451039 date=1260404129]
Just got a chance to get mine out in the MN powder. All I can say is WOW...huge grip and very surefooted, even with the stock Michelins. Seems that winter will not be a problem for the '10.

One question tho---my TPMS light is on. Should I just check and fill all tires, or just ignore it because of the cold?
[/quote]

Hi Adogg. :wavey: Tires need to be adjusted for the temperature, so you need to check and fill them to the proper psi.

To give a general idea, tires will lose (or gain) 1-2 psi per 10 degree drop (or rise) in temperature. So that may be why your tires are low and you are gettig a TPMS light.

Good luck. :cheers:

·
Registered
172 Posts
Also, I run 35 psi in my 2010 with the stock Michelins, works great, rolls better, good in snow as well. I tried out mine last week in PA.

John

·
Premium Member
8,777 Posts
[quote author=DELTAJOHN link=topic=103516.msg3451672#msg3451672 date=1260441812]
Also, I run 35 psi in my 2010 with the stock Michelins, works great, rolls better, good in snow as well. I tried out mine last week in PA.

John
[/quote]

Same here 35psi year around..

·
Registered
114 Posts
Thanks all. :) I will do this probably tomorrow. Its really cold here in MN (-7 tonight) and I will need to remove the front pass side wheel to get at an ice clump on the rim.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Here's my fusion in the snow ;-)

Once dug out, she goes really well with a set of General snow tires on a set of old Mustang wheels on the front!! The factory RS-A's sucked in the snow!!!

·
Registered
80 Posts
We are in the middle of round 3 of Snowpocalypse, or Snowmageddon, or sno-whatever-the-hell-you-call-it-now. First & second round dropped 20+ inches. Round 3 is supposed to deliver another 9 inches today.

The morning commute was long, but my '10 was pretty sure footed. Noting really took me by surprise, and it was fine. Running those high efficiency Michelin's for hybrids my have an affect on traction, but as long as you aren't trying to drive like an auto-crosser on your way into work, I find no faults with how it performs in snow & ice.

AAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!! Its the "White Death!" Quick! Put me on a plane back to the Carribbean!

·
Registered
2 Posts
2017 Ford Fusion Titanium 4WD

Hi,

I am new to this forum and would appreciate some advice.

I own a 2012 Ford Fusion SEL and just moved from Los Angeles to Denver. I need a vehicle that will handle the snow and I am considering a 2017 Ford Fusion Titanium. One website says it has 4WD, but another stated AWD. Does anyone know how this vehicle 4WD/AWD (?) handles in the snow?

Thanks for your feedback.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mine is down right scary in the smallest amount of snow/ice. That's soley due to the tires and lack of ABS. I have 17" Falken 912s. They are great for 3 seasons. Useless for winter. Next time, I might downsize to 215/50 -- just so I can buy a decent All Season tire.
'11 here. Exactly the same. It's not the tires. WORST car I've ever had in the snow and that includes multiple minivans and sedans.If your on an utterly flat road with not turns, you might make it. Any hills, turns etc, forget it. Love the MPG, unaccepatbale in any snow.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm not happy with my Fusion in the snow. This is the second winter I've had by SEL and I miss my old pickup (mazda B-3000). I am just fine as along as I dont have to go up a hill. And the traction control actually makes driving in the snow worse. When I come to a stop I turn it off so I can get going. With it on the car will sit still. If I turn it off then I can spin though the snow and get going.
'11 here. Exactly the same. It's not the tires. WORST car I've ever had in the snow and that includes multiple minivans and sedans.If your on an utterly flat road with not turns, you might make it. Any hills, turns etc, forget it. Love the MPG, unaccepatbale in any snow.

·
Super Moderator
5,789 Posts
Hi Zimm. This is an old thread, with the last post over 3 years old.

However, tires are the most important aspect of snow traction.Tires are the only part of the car touching the snow/ground, and the snow/ground can not tell the difference between a Fusion, Accord, Camry, Lincoln, Cadillac, Audi, BMW etc.

Other than tires, the next biggest factor is whether a vehicle is FWD, RWD, AWD or 4WD. Even an AWD or 4WD vehicle will be evil in the snow, if the tires are no good.

If your car handles that bad in the snow, you need new, all season tires. Or dedicated snow tires, if where you live warrants it.

Good luck.

121 - 135 of 135 Posts