FordFusionClub.com banner

81 - 100 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Well I got my car stuck for the 1st time today. It was ice under the slush but I was able to rock the car out.

·
Registered
5,243 Posts
I had the same issue yesterday when I was taking pictures. There's a big turnaround at the end of the drive, and there was like 5-8inches on the sides, and about 3-5 inches were I was driving (with tracks from previous people) and to leave I went to the end and backed up to the left 90degres to turn around and wheels started spinning freely...lol I had to go between reverse and drive like 5 times to finally get my tires to grip and leave haha. Interesting experience. Probably can't be too good for the tranny,

·
Registered
262 Posts
the fusion handled very well in the snow/ice this past week. :) drove through 15" that was on the ground with very little trouble. that was without chains. cant say the same for the aerostar w/ chains, that was a scary drive.

·
Registered
5,243 Posts
15"!? Damn, how did you open your doors? :lol: I drove though 4-6 and the lower grille was filled with snow.

·
Registered
262 Posts
[quote author=TheUkrainian link=topic=103516.msg2825251#msg2825251 date=1230250419]
15"!? Damn, how did you open your doors? :lol: I drove though 4-6 and the lower grille was filled with snow.
[/quote]

opening and closing the door several times. :lol:

unfortionatly in portland we dont have the equipment or salt to clear the streets so everything that comes down stays until it melts. the ice ruts on the freeway are a blast :censored:

·
Registered
66 Posts
I think we've gotten about 20" of snow this past week & the car just kept trooping. I drove from Chicago back home to north of Milw. this morning & didn't spin or anything in the icy conditions.

Don't get me wrong, the RS-A's are gone after this winter, but so far, it's better than my LS with the better all-weather tires.

·
Registered
20 Posts
[quote author=partsmaster link=topic=103516.msg2117513#msg2117513 date=1204556476]
rumor has it that a couple of eastern provinces in canada will be mandating winter tires in the near future , which will severely reduce crash's and deaths due to poor conditions. now all we have to do is do a country wide brain program to re-educate our drivers. driving 60km to work everyday on the QE2 is an education. all the morons with there lifted 1 ton trucks doing 140-160kph in a blizard and loosing it into the ditch or worse oncoming traffic
[/quote]

Now in Quebec winter tires are mandatory, it's the first winter this year for winter tires. I always had wt on my cars anyway. Fine is 200$ + fees (74$) if one get caught without. Price of 2-3 tires... They will enforce at DUI road blocks and accident scenes. Winter tires are mandatory for Quebec plated cars only, so if you are from outside the province, you don't need winter tires. Cell phone use while driving is also prohibited in Quebec since July. So be aware if you drive in Quebec.

My Fusion is handling very well in snow. I have 4 16' Firestone Winterforce.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Just Quebec or are there other parts of Canada that now require snow tires?

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
[quote author=cos link=topic=103516.msg2839648#msg2839648 date=1231021051]
[/quote]Just Quebec so far, this is the first year that they were "required" there. It created a shortage of snow tires for the rest of Canada.

·
Registered
20 Posts
[quote author=kevjur link=topic=103516.msg2839684#msg2839684 date=1231023068]
[quote author=cos link=topic=103516.msg2839648#msg2839648 date=1231021051]
[/quote]Just Quebec so far, this is the first year that they were "required" there. It created a shortage of snow tires for the rest of Canada.
[/quote]

Apparently it did create a shortage but mostly for 17' and some other SUV sizes. I bought mine in Ontario cause that's where I found the best price for tires the size I needed. A lot of people here now know about TireRack or 1010 Tires!

·
Registered
910 Posts
lots of snow here. Fun to drive in but other drivers scare the shit out of me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've read several of the posts on this topic. Just like any FWD or RWD for that matter with 60 or 50 all-season tires, you're going to have lousy performance in snow. If you're going to live in a snowy climate then do yourself a favor and invest in snow tires. Get them mounted on cheapo steel rims and install them mid-November and take them off in April. Regardless of car you will dramatically improve snow and ice performance with snow tires. I'm currently running Dunlop SP3 3D winter tires on my Fusion SEL V6. The snow and ice performance with them is phenomenal, particularly with having an old-fashioned Minnesota winter for a change.

·
Registered
464 Posts
[quote author=Colinsb link=topic=103516.msg2852242#msg2852242 date=1231518900]particularly with having an old-fashioned Minnesota winter for a change.
[/quote]

God, its horrible this year! Note to self, move to Arizona ASAFP. Note to others, Minnesota sucks with a normal winter, it is nearly unbearable with this "throw-back" winter we are having this year. Don't move here.

Next week instead of snow its... -30. INSANE.

·
Registered
139 Posts
[quote author=aggoodin link=topic=103516.msg2853638#msg2853638 date=1231551395]
[quote author=Colinsb link=topic=103516.msg2852242#msg2852242 date=1231518900]particularly with having an old-fashioned Minnesota winter for a change.
[/quote]

...Next week instead of snow its... -30. INSANE.
[/quote]

On the bright side, lol, the tires will get better traction.

·
Registered
77 Posts
There was a dusting of snow on the roads last night and I was slipping around quite a bit even if I went very slow. I was pretty disappointed...looks like I'll have to get some snow tires.

On the plus side, though, I caught some guy in a Lexus ogling my car at a long red light :lol:

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
A few more storms up her since, ividerfact just drove back through another one and I'm taking a drink to calm my nerves AtM.

Not because of the Fusion, drive sane and with the AWD & Nokians I'm fine, it's the other idiots, that ride my bumper, cut others off and cause accidents, caught one happening behind me, driver got cut off, slammed the brakes and then whacked the divider, but kept going :shock:

NefCanuck

·
Registered
5,243 Posts
We got a good snowstorm here. Had to go to the post office and surprisingly people here in Detroit were going below the speed limit. :shock:

I hate people who decide that they don't feel like finding a parking spot and just stop their car in the right lane (even though theres a parking lane to the right) and just turn on their hazards. Just going 2 blocks down I saw 7 cars parked like that...one had its rear end sagging from being hit.

In general, driving in the snow isn't too bad, until the car loses traction (ContiPros suck but I also have 25K miles on em') Still getting used to not having ABS. Definitely would like to get an AWD Fusion in the future. FWD wasn't too bad driving my moms van, but in a car I would want to have AWD. Until then, I guess I'm going to get some wheels over the summer and slap on Winter tires.

81 - 100 of 135 Posts