FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posted this elsewhere...you may find it interesting.

The VIN will tell you the powertrain code. Usually each powertrain setup will get its own code. The Fusion seems to use the same for manual and auto transmissions.

Here is an example:

3FAHP06Z37R000000
A VIN for a 2007 Fusion. I know it is a 2007 since the tenth digit is a 7. 6 is 2006. 5 is 2005...
We know it was made in Mexico since the first digit is a '3'. ('1' is USA, '2' is Canada)
We know it is a Ford since the second digit is an 'F'. ('M' is Mercury, 'L' is Lincoln)

Look at digits five through eight. They will tell the model, drive type and engine.

Eighth digit:
Z = 2.3L I-4
1 = 3.0L V-6
T = 3.5L V-6

Fusion -
P06Z = 2.3 I-4 'S' auto or manual
P07Z = 2.3 I-4 'SE' auto or manual
P08Z = 2.3 I-4 'SEL' auto or manual
P071 = 3.0 V-6 'SE' auto
P011 = 3.0 V-6 'SE' AWD auto
P081 = 3.0 V-6 'SEL' auto
P021 = 3.0 V-6 'SEL' AWD auto

Milan -
M07Z = 2.3 I-4 'base' auto or manual
M08Z = 2.3 I-4 'premium' auto or manual
M071 = 3.0 V-6 'base' auto
M011 = 3.0 V-6 'base' AWD
M081 = 3.0 V-6 'premium' auto
M021 = 3.0 V-6 'premium' AWD

MKZ -
M26T = 3.5 V-6
M28T = 3.5 V-6 AWD

Zephyr -
M261 = 3.0 V-6

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Kinda funny...

I buy an "American Made Ford" and when/if I would try to go to the UAW Black Lake Education Center complex, they check your VIN to be sure that your car is American Made. Mine is a Ford, yet I would not be allowed to go into the center. My Dad had a Sport Trac and they checked the VIN and he was kinda put off by it, even though he had a "1".

Pisses me off.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Fusion I-4 is only 65% US/Canada content if I remember right.

·
Registered
64 Posts
The Fusion is not Union (UAW) made. There is no UAW for the Ford Plant in Mexico. I work for Ford in the Ohio Truck Plant in Avon Ohio. We build Econoline Vans, that's besides the point. I remember getting something from the union once telling us to buy union made vehicles, and listed all union built vehicles and the Fusion wasn't on the list.

·
Registered
910 Posts
How much of the V6 is american/canadian? Specifically american? 65% is pretty good considering most/many american cars are less so. Trucks seem to be pretty much entirely US made.

·
Registered
421 Posts
[quote author=otaku link=topic=67670.msg1171776#msg1171776 date=1169924344]
How much of the V6 is american/canadian? Specifically american? 65% is pretty good considering most/many american cars are less so. Trucks seem to be pretty much entirely US made.
[/quote]Ford builds all of it's stables in the U.S. the products that where garrentied sales, like the F-150. It's also built in multiple plants!

·
Registered
817 Posts
[quote author=Plucky2035 link=topic=67670.msg1171477#msg1171477 date=1169893280]
The Fusion is not Union (UAW) made. There is no UAW for the Ford Plant in Mexico. I work for Ford in the Ohio Truck Plant in Avon Ohio. We build Econoline Vans, that's besides the point. I remember getting something from the union once telling us to buy union made vehicles, and listed all union built vehicles and the Fusion wasn't on the list.
[/quote]
I thought I read somewhere that Ford was going to discontinue making the Econoline van, which would be dumb, IMHO. Can you enlighten me? Is this the straight skinny? Boz

·
Registered
64 Posts
Fords not going to stop making Econoline vans, I heard they are going to put 60 million into the plant to retool the plant for the redesigned 2008 model year. But Ford never tells us what they're going to do, until they do it. Our vans were split between two plants, Lorain assembly and Ohio Truck (Avon). End of '05 they closed Lorain assembly plant and put all production into Ohio Truck (Avon). As of right now are plant seems safe from all the plant closing.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Plucky,
That's good news. Thanks for the update.
Boz

·
Registered
421 Posts
[quote author=urnews link=topic=67670.msg1172852#msg1172852 date=1170000246]
[quote author=Plucky2035 link=topic=67670.msg1171477#msg1171477 date=1169893280]

[/quote]
I thought I read somewhere that Ford was going to discontinue making the Econoline van, which would be dumb, IMHO. Can you enlighten me? Is this the straight skinny? Boz
[/quote] I also Work at OHAP in 08" the econoline get's a agressive facelift. In 2010 an extensive redesign. The econoline is the only full framed full size cargo van in production. Even that Freightliner/Mercedes/Dodge Sprinter cargo van is a unibody. My dumb cousin bought one and I crawled under it. The rear axel leaf spring suspention is welded to the floor. No frame That's why so many moving vans, Ambulances, & motor holmes carry the Ford emblem! We are now beginning to open up new markets. On my shift we built 4 preproduction units for export to China! I heard they tested them, like them & have placed a small order of 4,000 units. In time that will increase!

·
Registered
817 Posts
That's a very positive report, Furious. Good news for Ford and its employees.

·
Registered
421 Posts
[quote author=Plucky2035 link=topic=67670.msg1173220#msg1173220 date=1170016616]
Fords not going to stop making Econoline vans, I heard they are going to put 60 million into the plant to retool the plant for the redesigned 2008 model year. But Ford never tells us what they're going to do, until they do it. Our vans were split between two plants, Lorain assembly and Ohio Truck (Avon). End of '05 they closed Lorain assembly plant and put all production into Ohio Truck (Avon). As of right now are plant seems safe from all the plant closing.
[/quote]Hey plucky, What shift, What dept.,

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hey Furious1auto. I work 3rd shift in trim line one. I'm on left side flock. I put in the regulator that controls the rollup or power windows & the track the window rides on. Just a facelift for '08, I'd like to see that old looking IP be redesinged. What shift & dept. your at. We seem safe for now, unlike all the rumors that go around, you think so?

·
Registered
421 Posts
I'm nights in chasis by the header pipe install. Who knows how long we'll be safe. At the rate manufacturing jobs are leaving the county I don't think it would be long after Ford stabilizes it's market share. They may never. But if I wanted to bust a union and was in there situation. I would give free units to the chinese government as a trial. Let them know that we have a qaulity product. when they place an order it will put OHAP on maximum overtime. Give them until the volume hits levels higher than our capacity. When we are still not keeping up with the demand tell the union that we are building a new econoline plant in china to cover overflow. Run both facilities simotaniously and eventually phase out the american built units. They can build in china and ship to the U.S. cheaper than building in the U.S. I hope I'm dead wrong.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I thought about getting a Chateau but when I realized they still use the 1965 twin I-beam from suspension...

·
Registered
421 Posts
If it aint boke don't fix it. There are mad advantages to an I-bean suspention. The wheel was designed a few thousand years ago. It still used today. That's because it a good designed. An I-beam suspention has several inches more of suspention travel over a A-arm suspention. there vertually maintanance free other than ball joints and bearings (normal wear and tear items). They hold up well in a colision. the down side is that it's hard to modify (lift or lower) without throwing the wheels out of alignment. You would have to instal I-beams preset for your desired ride hight. because of the number of years that it's been in prodution It's very easy to get cheap parts! Our van is bullitproof We are #1 quality out of all the Ford plants right now! So let's run down the list

• More suspention travel over A-arm
    easy maintanance And cheap parts

·
Registered
63 Posts
[quote author=Plucky2035 link=topic=67670.msg1173220#msg1173220 date=1170016616]
[/quote]

Ford also invested millions in their Ranger assembly plant in Edison, NJ. They closed that down several years later. Even though they are investing money in the plant, don't think your site is safe.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.