FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
1,478 Posts
That's a shame. One of the better vehicle brands out there.

Thankfully I own both brands. :)

·
Banned
1,478 Posts
To be fair, ford and other folk can say the same thing about "bad experiences with their cars and service".

Service alone = the dealership which will vary greatly and is NOT a reflection of build quality of the vehicle but more so the customer service and hired techs at that location. You put a crappy tech to work on a car, you'll most likely have crappy results, right? How is that a parts fault?

Build quality of the car.. I've had over 15 vehicles of different brands & models and I've yet to have a "perfect" car. Heck, I only put 2k miles a year on my new Fusion and I've had a couple issues with it. Funny thing is I've had less "issues" with one of my 12yr old Dodges than my 2yr old car.

This is for comparison only, not saying one brand is better than the other.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We had a 2008 Chrysler 300, we owned it from new and already 3 months after we bought it it wouldn't start one morning and the dealer denied all responsibility about factory warranty etc. and pretty much told us to pay for it our self or fuck off. Then we took it to a friend of mines, turned out to be a $25 ignition coil that simply needed to be replaced, so huge fuzz and frustrations over a part that cost $25. But after that things got worse, it started to leak from the door seals when it was raining and misc. interior plastic parts started to crack from the heat of the sun (keep in mind the car is still under a year old at this point.

My friend had a look at it, he said it looked like the rubber compound used for the weather seals didn't rebound enough like it should over time, so it didn't form a seal. And the plastic used in the interior was of low quality that is why it couldn't stand the heat from the sun. Both of which makes sense to me.

It other words, bad build quality and bad service.

We also had a 2001 Dodge Durango, the car / SUV actually ran quite well until 2005 where the engine died for unknown reasons, and the dealers would pretty much tell us the same as they did with the chrysler, but then after getting a "new" used engine and having the new engine put in by my friends shop, the 4WD system went kaputt and we just decided to get another car at that point.

We have not had this experience with any of the Ford, GM, Volvos, Mercedes, Audi or Toyotas that we have had.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Sounds like a shitty dealer making a problem worse.

As far as AWD only on top trims, that's par for the course. There's much worse exclusions -- for the Milan 'VOGA Appearance Package', you must have a top-trim Premier edition in black or white. BUT, not the high-end tricoat platinum white. The top appearance package for the top trim of the Milan is only available with the cheaper Suede White or black. Also not available on hybrid models.

Good thing I wanted mine in black ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts